The primary function of the Material Planner is to ensure suppliers are shipping material according to the release schedules communicated. The material planner will also monitor the material in transit to ensure that it is delivered to the plant on time, and in the correct amount specified, in order to meet production demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Fully manage assigned parts and their respective suppliers, including all problem resolutions
2. Develop suppliers in regards to improving their delivery performance
3. Coordinate engineering changes to support customer needs while minimizing obsolescence
4. Analyze MRP daily to ensure suppliers are meeting commitments and optimum planning parameters are used to control inventory levels
5. Coordinate expedites of production material from supplier as needed to support the production plan
6. Monitor premium freight spend versus budget for assigned parts
7. Communicate any supplier discrepancies to suppliers, appropriate planning personnel, and management daily
8. Assist in all inventory activities
9. Assume special assignments as directed by supervisor or management
1. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
2. Ability to work in cross-functional teams
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filling cabinets and fax machines. This job will also be exposed to manufacturing environment, such as production lines, power industrial trucks, and/or other manufacturing machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Must be able to walk/move about a 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility: 90% of the time
2. Must be able to stand/walk/move about specific work area: 75% of the time
3. Must be able to bend/reach/twist/stoop: 40% of the time
4. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs on a frequent basis: 30% of the time
5. Must be able to lift over 30lbs on an infrequent basis: 10% of the time
6. Must be able to push/pull materials using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment on an infrequent basis: 20% of the time
7. Must be able to sit at a work station: 80% of the time
8. Must be able to work and operate a computer terminal: 80% of the time
9. Vision is required to analyze and process work; and to work on computer terminal/machine centers, etc.
10. Hearing is essential for safety reasons; and to communicate with employees, supervisors, managers, vendors, suppliers and customers via conversation, group meetings, and/or phone conferences
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. This role requires a certain level of working hours flexibility to ensure customer responsiveness.
Travel is primary local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with four years of materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Proven work experience with Lean Manufacturing methodologies and concepts.
3. Proven experience working with SAP/ERP system and respective material planning modules.
4. Proficiency with MS office suite.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering
2. Product knowledge and familiarity
3. Automotive manufacturing experience as a Tier 1 supplier
4. Familiarity with AIAG standards and procedures
5. Experience in material planning and inventory control
6. German language experience (reading, writing, speaking)
Our latest jobs
$40-45/hr (salaried, exempt)
$80-90k with overtime paid at a straight time rate for hours worked in excess of 45/week
North Orange County, CA