This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Writer based in Manchester to join our client working on major rail & Infrastructure projects. This is a contract role for 9 months initially, the rate is £27/hr outside of IR35.
● Reviews and edits all technical documents, to ensure that the emphasis, clarity, tone and ethos of the documents are consistent.
● Develops and owns a Report Writing and Style guide in line with established good practice, to be complied with by authors of all reports to be produced on the project
● Works with Client, Co-Client and Stakeholders to establish the appropriate format, conventions, styles and standards, for reports taking into consideration end user / audience requirements.
● Works with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
● Checks and proof reads all technical documents prior to final external issue to ensure compliance with style guide, good report writing practice, and company standards.
● Periodically carries out audits on documents in production by internal teams for compliance with Report Writing and Style guide and provide feedback to teams.
● Revise documents as new issues arise and communicate lessons learned across the team to drive a process of continuous improvement in the production of reports.
● Provide support to colleagues and serve as point of contact on all matters relating to report writing.
Person Specification and Experience
● Excellent command of the English language in both verbal and written skills.
● Experience proof reading documentation both on an individual basis and across multiple Work Packages to ensure consistency.
● Proactive personality with strong time management skills and able to work independently.
● Ability to deliver high quality documents and pay attention to detail.
● Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – professional use of Microsoft Word.
● Degree in Technical Discipline, English, Communications or related subject preferred.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Andrew Johnson on 020 7419 5800 or apply online via the link below.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£45-54k Per annum
£40-60,000 PER YEAR
$175 - $185K/yr.
$80,000 - $90,000
$130,000/year - $150,000/year
Exectuive Level compensation package
19 February 2020
07 February 2020