Employing recruitment agencies has always been a great way to source talent for companies looking for the best people in the market. Agencies have access to people that are out of reach and off limits to some companies. They are also trusted advisers always having a finger on the pulse of the industry.
Here are some key take-a-ways that are proven to develop that all important client recruiter relationships by following these industry-proven steps. Knowing that recruitment relationships are of mutual effort will increase your advantage as a client and secure your recruitment success.
1) Client Job DescriptionIt may sound obvious but be clear. Set out precisely what skills you require, including those which are mandatory vs. desirable, minimum qualifications, previous industry experience etc. Provide as much detail as you can to better refine your staffing needs. State what kind of title you require e.g. ‘Senior Planning Engineer, Cost Engineer, Senior Estimator’. Including a person spec and pinpointing exactly which characteristics are most important will create a clear candidate approach. When recruiters are aware of exactly what you are looking for, more time can be spent investing on the best candidates for the role.
2) Understanding your businessEvidence shows that recruiters work best when they understand your company. Providing greater insight into your company beyond a basic understanding gives your recruiter greater insight when choosing which candidates to put forward to you. Take the time to talk through the information on company culture, purpose and wider aims. Discussing in a meeting or via phone call will ensure it is more effectively communicated and will help to establish a strategy.
3) Communicate openlyEffective communication is crucial. Be clear about candidate requirements and direct about recruiter fees. You don’t want to waste time and money if terms can’t be agreed and being transparent from the beginning will ensure a smooth process. Additionally, explain your expectations, do you need to run background checks (criminal records, credit), take references, validate qualifications, etc and is this included in the fee or an additional cost? Taking time to talk about these formalities builds up a strong rapport and maintains a lasting relationship.
4) Follow protocol when handling potential clientsProvide meaningful feedback on candidate CV’s and interviews and do so in a timely manner. By letting your recruitment team know why some candidates weren’t successful and how the specification may have changed, they can adapt the search to provide you with the perfect candidates.
5) Consider using your recruiter exclusivelyEngaging and investing in your chosen recruiter may prove more fruitful in your search for the right candidate. If you can communicate effectively and build a productive relationship, you have a higher chance of success and can invest more time and resources on your search.
Recruiter relationships are extremely significant for your business. If you’re struggling to make your recruitment partners work for you, why not get in touch and see how we can help?
Our latest jobs
Williamston South Carolina
$70000 - $85000
Goose Creek South Carolina
€50000 - €70000
San Sebastian de los Reyes Madrid
€60000 - €80000
Perth Western Australia
Perth Western Australia