Job Title: Business Development Manager – Lighting
Location: Uitenhage,Cape Town
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Discipline: Automative – Mining
• Align the company’s corporate lighting initiatives to support the assigned territory’s sales and gross margin goals.
• Assist the regional sales team to build an engagement plan to drive lighting sales strategies across all functional areas and to strengthen internal and external customer relationships.
• Manage and deepen relationships with key suppliers to identify areas of growth and training opportunities.
• Conduct on site assessments, create retrofit or lighting design recommendations, develop specifications and bills of material, and develop and present proposals for opportunities.
• Proactively manage category and sell price recommendations for the assigned territory.
• Assist the National Lighting Product Managers in the preparation, implementation, and tracking of both national and local promotions; make recommendations for stock and inventory levels; facilitate continuous improvement of products and processes, and the development of pricing strategies.
• Continually evaluate market strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Works in collaboration, and provides support and guidance to territory sales representatives, with the mutual goal of meeting or exceeding targeted sales plans and objectives.
• Responsible for establishing and deepening relationships with target customers for the purpose of creating specifications and growing business.
• Monitors territory for any concerns, competitor issues, or other factors affecting the business, and makes recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Demonstrates initiative in their own on-going professional development and keeps abreast of industry trends and changes through publications and seminars.
• Assist in the development and delivery of lighting and controls training to support our employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements we seek:
• BS or BA degree. LC, (NCQLP), CLP or similar certification.
• 7+ years of progressive lighting experience.
• Lighting Agency, LMC, ESCO experience.
• Familiarly with AGI 32, CAD or Visual software.
• Ability to draft and understand ROI, IRR, and NPV financial documents.
• Demonstrated experience in generating demand in contractor or end user lighting specifications and sales.
• Ability to perform lighting assessments and present professional solutions, designs and proposals.
• Demonstrated attendance in manufacturer training on lighting.
• Customer focused and results motivated professional with a can-do attitude to succeed.
• Team player who also can work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
• Highly proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite, CRM. Salesforce a plus.
• Highly organized with attention to detail a must.
• Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to travel 40%.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$100,000 - $150,000
Kathu, Northern Cape
$150,000 - $200,000
$55 - $75/hour