United States North Charleston
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Location: Charleston, SC
Duration: Full time/Direct Hire
Compensation: $70-90k + depending upon years of experience
Industry: Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineer II works closely with more senior staff on projects and tasks of moderate complexity. Will be expected to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with the project team and stakeholder. Responsibilities will include effective project and client management, design development, design QA/QC, and project permitting, as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Prepare designs, drawings and plans for projects as assigned, in accordance with general engineering principles and Group standards.
- Supervises field studies to collect technical data.
- Reviews proposed changes to building codes, state laws, etc., and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Assist with training and supervision of Engineer I. Provides technical assistance and consults with other employees regarding engineering functions.
- Set high standards for self and others. Remain current in industry trends and changes. Assist others in understanding relevant information related to civil engineer systems and construction processes. Attend seminars and appropriate training opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on all assigned projects.
- Understand, assist in development and maintain design standards for the Group.
- Represent the group in a positive and professional manner. Provide assistance in developing a positive work environment and company culture.
- Performs any other duties as necessary.
- bachelor’s degree in civil engineering preferred
- EIT certification and 2 - 5 years of experience is required. Must be working towards obtaining PE certification.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have valid Driver’s license.
- Must have experience and possess understanding of surveying, topographical and geological data. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Working understanding of civil engineering systems, components, principles and design.
- Working understanding of road, traffic and transportation systems, construction process, principles and techniques, and stormwater management systems.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Ability to review project submittals and shop drawings for accuracy.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting. Extended periods of sitting. Employee may occasionally work in outside weather conditions, near heavy duty machinery or traffic. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
CA$ 110000 - CA$ 130000
Saudi Arabia tabuk
CA$ 100000 - CA$ 130000
27 February 2024
16 February 2024