Location: Century City - Cape Town
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Role will encompass;
o Marketing of Short-term Insurance products (Commercial) and
o Develop relationships with brokers and internal departments to increase our existing client base.
o Provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Marketing function through effectively maintaining marketing standards and providing quality client / broker service while improving client base and income.
o Source a sustainable stream of potential business from brokers.
o Proven track record is requirement
This role requires an individual with sound understanding of product development, a previous background in underwriting as well as an entrepreneurial and marketing personality.
• Developing and maintaining broker relationships
o Visit brokers to introduce the company and develop market presence and build relationships with a view to obtaining new business.
o Prepare and attend meetings when necessary.
• Review and analyse new quote requests, follow-up and tracking
o Ability to analyse complex quotes / renewals
• Technical understanding of Commercial Insurance products
• Dealing with queries
o Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
• Ability to Liaise with internal departments and building relationships with internal departments to ensure superior service is offered to clients
• Keeping up-to-date with internal processes and procedures as well as product development
o Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
• Participating in proactive and vibrant sales and marketing initiatives – a GO GETTER.
• Profitable growth of market share.
o Meet budget responsibility.
• Maintaining of the appropriate underwriting rules and rating structures
• Understand the product & underwriting needs of intermediaries and clients
• Underwriting and technical advice to intermediaries
• Must be fully FAIS compliant. (A tertiary degree would be advantageous)
• 10 Years Broker Consulting/marketing experience with a proven track record;
o Proven track record in maintaining and building new relationships with intermediaries and industry bodies in short term insurance.
• Must have gained experience from a UMA or Insurer.
• Must be technically proficient.
• Must be able to sell and have a drive for results.
• Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Must be client focused and very service orientated.
• Must have good communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
• Must be a team player with integrity
o Conceptual thinking
o Emotional self-control
• Must have a drivers’ licence and own car.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
• Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings.
• Re-insurance Experience
• Qualifications to accompany CV please together with DOFA.
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Doha Middle East
$30000 - $40000
AJMAN Middle East
$60000 - $75000
CA$80000 - CA$110000
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Del. Benito Juárez Distrito Federal
Ekurhuleni South Africa
20 November 2020