You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Planning and coordination: Develop a comprehensive commissioning plan and schedule, considering all aspects of the refinery's systems, equipment, and processes. Coordinate with various stakeholders, including engineering, construction, and operations teams, to ensure smooth execution of the commissioning activities.
• System testing and inspection: Oversee the testing, inspection, and verification of all equipment and systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, safety standards, and industry regulations. This includes conducting functional tests, performance tests, and troubleshooting activities.
• Start-up and shutdown procedures: Develop and implement start-up and shutdown procedures for various systems, such as process units, utilities, and safety systems. Coordinate with operations personnel to ensure a safe and efficient transition from commissioning to normal plant operations.
• Safety and environmental compliance: Ensure that all commissioning activities adhere to safety protocols, procedures, and regulations. Identify potential hazards and implement appropriate safety measures to mitigate risks. Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and promote environmentally responsible practices during the commissioning process.
• Documentation and reporting: Maintain accurate records of all commissioning activities, including test results, equipment performance data, and any deviations from specifications. Generate reports and provide regular updates to project management and relevant stakeholders regarding the progress and status of commissioning activities.
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving: Identify and resolve technical issues and operational problems that may arise during the commissioning process. Collaborate with engineering teams and vendors to address equipment malfunctions, process inefficiencies, or other performance issues.
• Training and handover: Provide training and support to operations personnel to ensure a smooth transition from commissioning to plant operations. Prepare comprehensive commissioning handover documents, including operating procedures, maintenance requirements, and troubleshooting guides.
• Continuous improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization, efficiency improvements, and cost reduction during the commissioning phase. Propose and implement changes or modifications to enhance the overall performance and reliability of the refinery.
• 15 – 20 years of refinery or petrochemical plant commissioning and operations experience,
• Experience with heavy oil/vacuum gas oil/lubricants processing is desirable,
• Ability to work with engineering, construction, and plant operations teams,
• Intense focus on health, safety, and environmental compliance,
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
In summary, a refinery commissioning engineer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the commissioning process of a refinery. They ensure that all systems and equipment are thoroughly tested, compliant with regulations, and ready for safe and efficient operation.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Candace Shaw at Candace.Shaw@trsstaffing.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023