FUNCTION: CONTROL SYSTEMS PRINCIPAL DESIGNER
DISCIPLINE: CONTROL SYSTEMS
SALARY: MARKET RELATED (NEGOTIABLE)
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS.
“TRS is delighted to work with an award winning Client who has exciting opportunities for a Control Systems Designer with EPCM experience with Petrochemical Industry. “
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare complex design drawings, Interface with other design disciplines.
- Provide direction to, and guidance on 2D and 3D CAD design
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Check complex concrete and steel design drawings.
- Perform squad check of vendor equipment drawings and drawings from other disciplines.
- Review fabricator drawings.
- Assist the Design Supervisor, as required.
- Check or audit or wiring and loop diagrams.
- Check or audit control systems models and drawings.
- Develop and check control systems area and unit location plan drawings.
- Perform and check control systems area and unit location plan drawings.
- Perform and or check design calculations (e.g. wire sizing, conduit fill, voltage drop, junction box or panel sizing).
- Perform Instrument material take-off.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years National Diploma (Electrical / Control Systems)
- 15 years of project related Control Systems design experience
- Intergraph SmartPlant Instrumentation (Intools) Software
- 3D modelling software (Intergraph SP 3D, PDS, PDMS)
- Knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D systems
- P&ID representation
- Instrumentation and control systems design in a 3D model
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Den Helder, Netherlands
$50-55 per hour
EG, West Africa
120000 - 140000
£60-70k per annum
The Hague, Netherlands