TRS Staffing Solutions is working with an internationally integrated chemicals and energy company who is seeking an experienced Data Center – Support and Backup Specialist to join their team.
- Track global trends and leading practices, adheres to strategies, plans and frameworks that are in place.
- Assists to ensure the delivery of Datacenter services according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operation Level Agreements (OLAs) regionally.
- Ensures that there is alignment with BU/ Functions IT requirements.
- Responsible for the effective management of incidents and resolution of problems in close collaboration with the Service Desk and Service Providers.
- Where necessary, directly supports major incidents, projects and problems, including report and follow up with the necessary BUs.
- Responsible for the proper disposal of hardware assets according to the asset disposal policy.
- Responsible for the effective tracking, analysis and determination of problem and incident root causes and the identification of trends in order to continuously improve services.
- Responsible for reviewing daily backup reports provided by the service provider.
- Ensures implementation of backup and storage plans for each service.
- Identify and monitor backup and storage metrics.
- Implement backup and storage changes.
- Contributes to Control testing, self-assessment and assessment review where required.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance and support of all backup services in cooperation with service providers.
- Responsible for asset tracking and disposal.
- Ensures that proper security protocols are followed with all servers.
- Ensures that all applicable service run books are maintained regularly in cooperation with the service provider.
- Responsible for compliance with all change management processes.
Actively assists in facilitating the outsourcing relationship which delivers the regional IT Datacenter Infrastructure and services, including all backup services, ensuring the necessary availability and capacity to enable all IT services used in the execution of business processes on an on-going basis.
Enables the general health of the services including:
- Implementation and adherence to security, infrastructure and application standards for the service.
- Service availability, reliability and performance and continuous service improvement.
- Meet individual and aggregate targets and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
Responsible for assisting in the implementation of strategy, design and general health (stability and availability) of relevant Datacenter services regionally and the delivery of all contracted services
Assists the day-to-day operations and service delivery of Service Providers, to enable a stable IT environment.
Ensures services for the business are being addressed/escalated in accordance to operational delivery processes with Service Providers regionally.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent years of experience
- Extensive Infrastructure skills including:
- Cloud based solutions
- Data center automation
- Server technologies, including but not limited to configuration and implementation
- Storage technologies
- Active directory
- Windows/ Infrastructure
- Datacenter Technologies
- Datacenter facilities
- Backup services
- 5 + years relevant work experience in virtualization, windows server environments, backup management, server migration and storage management.
For more information or to apply, please submit CVs to Stephanie Warneke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our latest jobs
£50 per hour
Den Helder, Netherlands
35.000-43.000€gross per year