United States Long Beach
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We currently seek a high caliber Design Engineer IV- Electrical for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Long Beach, CA
As a global leader in the engineering and construction industry, our client designs and builds complex and challenging capital projects across six continents that go beyond a typical petrochemical focus with opportunities with the green hydrogen, renewable fuels, life sciences, and other diverse fields. Their SoCal offices in Long Beach and Aliso Viejo, California, provide opportunity to collaborate closely with our many customers
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote our client’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior Oil and Gas Industry Experience
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
• Accredited four (4) year degree in Electrical Engineering and eight (8) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
***Notice to Candidates: Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependent) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship***
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Location of Position: Long Beach, CA
Location Type: Office/Facility
Pay: $55/hr – $65/hr.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 25 Per Hour
United States Mount Vernon
CA$ 100000 - CA$ 130000
₹ 1 Hourly
South Africa Durban
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
₹ 800000 - ₹ 1000000
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
€ 1 Yearly
22 September 2023