This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
DISCIPLINE: PROJECT AUTOMATION & IT
LOCATION: SOUTH AFRICA
DURATION: CONTRACT / PERMANENT
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE TO LOCAL SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONALS
“TRS is looking for experienced Hardware Development / Design Engineers with a BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering qualification for upcoming projects within the next six (6) months. “
• Involves the research and development of new products for all of the four business units for the Client, namely, Traffic, Parking, Headcount and Identipark.
• Involves developing products from initial concept through to a fully qualified, robust prototype using sound engineering principles.
• All products developed will be competing in international markets and, therefore, need to be of the highest quality standard.
• Interfacing with the Client production facility will be required to facilitate prototype builds, product testing and final handover of the prototypes for Industrialization.
• Design of electronic products from concept, technology research, full technical product specification, design of schematic and PCB using Altium Designer, design of firmware - right through to a fully qualified, robust prototype.
• Firmware Development for Microcontrollers – generally done in C.
• Occasional PC Software development for testing purposes - these will generally be done in C / C++ / Visual Basic /Java/TCL.
• Designing with DSP’s, ARM Processors, 8051 based Micro’s, PICs, Motorola Micros and FPGA’s.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering Essential
• 3 to 4 years working experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
• Solid Hardware (electronics) experience in Analogue and Digital Design. This involves Schematic and PCB design.
• Solid Firmware development experience with Embedded Systems and C.
• Experience in Compliance Testing for Certifications of Product.
• Ability to write or modify PC Based Software in Visual Software Suites.
• Ability to plan a project accurately given a complete specification.
• CPLD, FPGA Design experience would be a plus
• DSP experience would be a plus.
• Ability to impart knowledge of product and train Industrial Engineering, Engineering Services, Test and Repairs Departments at handover.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with departments within the company.
• An eagerness to embrace change and previously unused technologies.
• A responsible, self-motivated individual driven to meet deadlines.
• A meticulous individual with significant attention to detail.
Steven Van Rooyen
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
€30 - €40
MEX$80000 - MEX$80000
Quintana Roo México
CA$70000 - CA$90000
€30 - €45