This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
This position will lead the Project Document & Data Management (PDDM) group. The lead manages the team and is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing document control systems to ensure regulatory compliance and better meet the needs of the internal and external clients.
• Distributing workload on projects.
• Overseeing document control staff on projects.
• Implementing and managing systems necessary to facilitate control of project documents.
• Developing and maintaining system documentation, flow charts and related materials which reflect the ongoing activities of the department as well as document flow.
• Controlling the process of the issue, storage and retrieval of all project documentation (including engineering documents / drawings / vendor drawings / documents / charts / specs / manuals / reports / computer files) by the Document Control department.
• Ensuring that all project documents are delivered in a timely fashion.
• Integrating all client specifications as required on individual projects.
• Interacting with IT, clients and engineering groups for set up of electronic systems or projects.
• Liaising with department supervisors, project managers and others as required.
• Ensuring compliance with client requirements for maintenance of documentation.
• Providing document control training to employees to ensure overall understanding and commitment to the document control role.
• Providing updates to senior management regarding the status of internal, client or project issues resource planning and continuous improvement requirements.
• Creating standards for project documentation procedures.
• Creating and manage the process of archiving of project records.
• Setting up projects in an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
• Managing performance of team, including mentoring and coaching direct reports.
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree in business administration.
• Minimum (10) years or more experience in document control at an engineering, procurement, construction firm.
• Strong oral and written English communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work and lead a team under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience in the use of databases and EDMS.
• Strong desire to achieve results and effect change.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
To apply for this position, please send your word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
£65-75k per annum
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020