You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The company has been helping their customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for decades. With their operations in numerous countries, they serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. They supply a unique portfolio of gases, equipment and services.
You will work within the Northern Continent (NC) EHS team to provide timely, accurate and pertinent EHS support at the country level to the managers and supervisors. You will be based in Germany. This includes coaching in Behavioural Safety and Human Factors, training in Life Saving Standards, advising on workplace risk assessments, accident and incident investigation, environmental compliance advice; proactive identification and management of emerging EHS management system issues.
Success in this position is dependent on strong interpersonal and influencing skills, sound judgement, operational and technical credibility, initiative, implementing change, together with an appreciation of people, as well as the products, processes, markets, and businesses served.
As the EH&S Advisor you will:
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant EHS advice and site support including training, site assessments, accident and incident Investigation, review of and assistance in applying Safe Systems of Work (Safe Work Permit, Lock Out Tag Out Try Out and IRR approach, Confined Space Entry, Job Safety Analysis, Excavation).
- Provision of on-site support to operating facilities during major projects, complex shutdown activities or major modifications.
- Deliver EHS classroom and virtual training in accordance with EHS&Q objectives.
- Provide ongoing BSP behavioural safety coaching and assessment for all levels of the NC Industrial Gases organisation.
- Facilitate the implementation of new or revised Global or local company EHS Standards and training materials; to participate when requested in the revision of the Global material.
- Assist Line Management ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated, and effective corrective actions are implemented. For High Significance incidents engage personally and directly with Root Cause investigation team to ensure thorough, consistent approach especially regarding Behavioural Safety and Human Factors.
- Participate and support Operations, Distribution and Maintenance leaders and workforce in risk assessments to identify and drive workplace risk reduction.
- Audit, inspect and analyse critical safety processes and procedures and providing feedback to the Operations and Maintenance leaders that results in improvement action.
- Participating in the EHS self-assessment and audit process and assisting Line Management to identify and implement preventive or corrective actions arising from those audits.
- Together with Maintenance and Project departments support contractor management by delivering safety induction and EHS trainings according to company standards and review contractors’ EH&S performance and their management systems.
- Together with Driver Trainers support driver management by coaching and delivering EHS trainings.
- Support the development and distribution of EH&S information and communications, including EH&S Notifications and Global EHS Action Requirements, procedures, and training materials.
- Experience working in; operations or maintenance roles and/or working independently in an EHS support or functional role.
- Engineering background and Bachelors’ degree is preferred, or equivalent qualification with demonstrated relevant technical experience.
- Demonstrable involvement or ideally leadership in behavioural safety is desired.
- A broad knowledge of EHS management systems and of the processes, technologies and equipment in use and their potential hazards is desired.
- Detailed understanding of most of these operating/business areas is beneficial; cylinder filling operations, distribution of dangerous goods, gas or chemical process plant operation, engineering/maintenance/technician support, bulk distribution.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are a major requirement for the job holder including fluent written and spoken English.
We (TRS and our client) are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
£30 - £90
€62000 - €87000
Regio Den Haag
$100 - $125
22 September 2023
17 August 2023