Netherlands Botlek Rotterdam
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
You will provide support and facilitate the implementation of the company's EH&S Management System and national legislation across all functions of the Netherlands business by providing timely, accurate and pertinent EHS support including: training, coaching, risk assessments, accident and incident investigation, ADR DGSA support, environmental compliance advice; proactive issue management which will effect the EH&S management system together with review of, and assistance in applying, safe systems of work.
Success in this position is dependent on strong interpersonal and influencing skills, sound judgement, operational and technical credibility, initiative, implementing change, together with a good understanding of the products, processes, markets and businesses served.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant EH&S specialist advice and site support including: Training, Site Assessments, Accident and Incident Investigation, review of and assistance in applying Safe Systems of Work. Provision of on-site support to operating facilities in extraordinary circumstances e.g. during major projects, complex shutdown activities or major modifications. Deliver EHS classroom training in accordance with EH&S objectives. Provision of EHS support to develop successful partnerships with long term contract companies and their staff. Provision of ongoing Behavioural Safety programs coaching and assessment for all levels of the Dutch organization.
- Facilitate the implementation of new or revised Global or local company EHS Standards and training materials; to participate when requested in the revision of the Global material.
- Lead and assist Line Management to ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated, and effective corrective actions are implemented. For High Significance incidents engage personally and directly with RCA team to ensure thorough and consistent approach, especially regarding behavioural safety - individual Performance Factors.
- Perform the duties of certified DGSA, monitoring performance, additional driver training, providing advice, and accident/incident investigation.
- When requested, represent the company and participate in working groups of external industry associations.
- Assist in developing bespoke risk assessments necessitated by high-risk activity or by deviation from established base policy, working with Process Safety and Central Technical resources as required.
- Help and support as a Subject Matter Expert in nominated specialist H&S topics to teams within the Dutch organization and EMEA EHS&Q.
- When requested, work with the commercial, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that new products, applications and initiatives comply with global and local Company standards and legislation, and that all aspects of their operational implementation (including customer environments and shared responsibilities) are fully considered and addressed.
- Develop safety initiatives to address observed trends in incident or other safety data and manage their implementation.
- Participate in the EH&S self-assessment and Audit process and, together with Line Management, identify and implement preventive or corrective actions arising from those audits.
- Monitor and interpret new and emerging EH&S legislation, and industry codes of practice that impact on existing (and where advised, on future potential) activities.
- Work with Business-, Line- and Site Managers on further implementation of the elements of the Behavioural Safety programs so that teams and plants can make the next steps in their Safety Journey.
- Improve the plant team’s ability to act independently in relation to EH&S.
- A minimum of 8-10 years total relevant experience is required in the Gases Industry or Petro(chemical) industry or within the process industry.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or an equivalent qualification, with demonstrated relevant technical experience preferably in either plant operations or maintenance roles and/or working independently in an EHS support or functional role, is desirable.
- A formal HVK qualification is recommended. Certification and experience as Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor is preferable.
- Good understanding of 1-2 additional Health & Safety specialist subjects such as Pressure Systems, Mechanical Integrity, Confined Space entry, Working at Height, Cranes and Lifting.
- In depth understanding of relevant legislation such as BRZO 2015/SEVESO III, Publicatiereeks Gevaarlijke Stoffen (PGS) and the Arbowet.
- A broad knowledge of EHS management systems and of the processes, technologies, and equipment in use on industrial sites and their potential hazards is essential.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are a major requirement for the job holder.
- Good command / effective operational proficiency in both the Dutch and English language.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Saudi Arabia Jeddah
United Kingdom Kingston-Upon-Thames
United Arab Emirates Dubai
₹ 350 Daily
₹ 2500000 - ₹ 3000000
$ 17 Hourly
United States Ladson
United States Long Beach
United Kingdom Farnborough
€ 1 Hourly
22 September 2023