This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUNCTION: ELECTRICAL DESIGNER
LOCATION: DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA
SALARY: R22 000 PER MONTH (NEGOTIABLE)
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“Are you looking to further your career, TRS is seeking a Btech, NDip or Artisanship FET Certification NQF level 4: Electrical Designer with 2 years’ experience within Oil & Gas or Energy Industry to join an exceptional client based in Durban”
REQUIRED OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design of electrical distribution systems.
• Design of schematic and connection diagrams for electrical equipment.
• Review Client proposals in terms of electrical design.
• Evaluate vendor proposals for bid clarifications.
• Provide technical input for basic and detail design.
• Assist in planning, reviewing of technical work and maintaining project schedules.
• Assist in work plans of building an existing electrical installations.
• Fault finding on existing electrical systems.
• Perform point to point wiring and functional checks on LV and MV equipment.
• Assist with commissioning support for new electrical systems.
• Construction Management.
• Good understanding of standards to evaluate quality of installed electrical systems.
• Sound knowledge of SANS- 10142- 1 as well as applicable standards.
• Sound knowledge of Hazardous Area Classification and knowledge of applicable design codes, standards and regulations.
• Sound knowledge of electrical installations, electrical power distribution and electrical fault finding.
• Btech, NDip or Artisanship FET Certification NQF level 4: Electrical.
• 2+ years’ experience as an electrical artisan in Oil, Gas or Energy industry with proven track record in basic and detailed engineering, design, commissioning, construction management and operation support.
• Registered Installation Electrician (or studying towards or in the process of registration).
• Computer literacy and Proficiency in MS Office or EPLAN.
• Experience in the power generation or petrochemical environment.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de Mexico