Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for the planning and execution of international shipments
• Works with Purchasing, Freight Forwarders, and Custom’s Brokers to ensure proper customs documentation is processed
• Responsible for filing AES for international export
• Must have the ability to properly assign HTS codes to a given commodity.
• Experience with AES site reporting for import and export
• Maintain and update knowledge on all Custom’s clearance processes
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance for Imports
• Knowledge of Anti-Dumping Counterviolence Duties.
• Knowledge of temporary legislation (Sec 301) in the tariff code that may impact our business.
• Project and time management: Plan tasks and deliverables accurately, prioritize tasks and adapt as needed
• Actively work on cost down opportunities for overall freight costs
• Tracking, tracing, and updating the status of shipments daily
• Freight Spend Analysis
• Responsible for launching and executing a successful RFQ
• Measure International Freight KPI’s
• Present KPI’s to all relevant stakeholders.
• Quotes and nominates forwarder based on a specified criterion of Transit Time, Lanes, Modal and Costs.
• Verify monthly billing Quotes Vs Actuals and dispute any excess or incorrect charges.
• Serve as a liaison between the specialized departments within and outside the Supply Chain organization, working cross-functionally and cross-regionally to develop strategic
• Facilitates cross functional meetings as needed and provides written summary of meeting including Action Items and owners.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in international freight including International Freight Best Practices, Customs Clearance, and Current Tariff Scenarios
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
• Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities
• Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS-Project skills
TRS Craft Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
CA$110000 - CA$130000
$80000 - $85000
Spartanburg South Carolina
$90000 - $110000
San Jose California
Quintana Roo México
Mexico DF Distrito Federal