FUNCTION: GENERAL SUPERINTENDENTS (M&P)
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE ON EXPERIENCE
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“WE ARE RECRUITING!!! Due to increased current and future workload with our diverse client base, TRS Durban is recruiting technical / engineering professionals to work in Durban and Cape Town."
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the work activities of all involved crafts within disciplines during the entire construction effort. if required.
- Coordinates the activities of contractors performing work within a discipline (Mechanical, Tankage & Piping), if required.
- Evaluates contractor resources according to the plan and advise on adequateness.
- Maintains effective schedule and control within assigned field functions of the project and ensures adherence to these practice.
- Plan required work activities to ensure that contractors design drawing tools, equipment, and materials are available.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of contractors within an area of assigned discipline, working with the Construction manager and Contracts Admin group.
- Monitors the activities of assigned contractors and ensures compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements in accordance with Client requirements.
- Proactively directs contractor Supervision regarding construction related work activities and assigned field functions and/or crafts involved within a discipline on the project.
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures as well as performs assigned duties in a safe manner and ensures that contractors comply witl1 established and Client safety policies procedures and safe work habits.
- Coordinates and facilitates work to conformance with agreed plans, specifications, schedules and cost control estimates.
- Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc / BTech Degreed
- 20+ years of experience with progressive and varied experience in construction, technical, and engineering activities.
- Must have experience in Petrochemical Environment on EPCM / EPC projects.
Tanya De Bruyn
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020