The Hague Region
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Primary Job Responsibilities Senior HVAC Engineer
The HVAC team size averages 5 to 6 engineers and as group lead you will take responsibility for the quality, planning and staffing of the HVAC team activities over the various projects also supporting proposal and project reviews for HVAC scope. On a regular basis you will align with the team members to support them in their progress, budgets, technical and projects issues if required thus ensuring that the quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
As (lead) HVAC Engineer you are responsible for the proper and timely execution of HVAC related scope of work within our projects
Work activities consist of preparing HVAC designs independently or as part of a team, preparing Basis of Design/ Design criteria, Flowsheets, initial HVAC calculations, 3D input, layouts, cost calculations, work hours estimates, preparing the technical parts of construction contractor Scopes of Work, coordination with construction contractors and construction follow-up. An important task is to liaise with other departments to ensure that all HVAC interfaces are integrated into overall design e.g., heat dissipations, room sizing, equipment sizing, electrical load lists, I/O for instrumentation, piping connections, safety in design requirements, construction details and that Structural and Civil content within the 3D model is up to date (modelling by others).
As focal point you report functionally to the Department manager Mechanical and operationally as Lead Engineer to one or more Engineering/ Project Managers.
We expect candidates to have a strong technical background with leadership skills in an engineering contracting environment and be familiar with all aspects of HVAC design, engineering, equipment selection and sustainable solutions.
Key Responsibilities HVAC Engineer
• As group lead HVAC be responsible for motivating and steering the HVAC team and supporting the team members.
• As (lead) engineer be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects.
• Responsible for issue of all HVAC deliverables.
• Ensure effective communication among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
• Define the discipline scope of work and the required resources,
• Participate in daily scrum meetings and project status meetings
• Perform independent site visits/surveys, FAT and SAT’s and construction assistance
• Interact, follow-up and coordinate with construction contractor after award
• Assume responsibility for quality, cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control including reporting of project status, progress, close out reporting including lessons learnt.
• Ensure effective management of change.
• Take personal responsibility for safety, quality, and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
• Contribute to development and growth of people (e.g. coach junior engineers).
• Produce proposals for projects which involve man hour- and schedule estimates related to the HVAC scope of work
• Add value plus/optimization ideas.
• Undertake developmental activities like preparation of work instructions / procedures / guidelines
Basic Qualifications and required skills
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree
• The successful candidate must be a driven professional able to act as lead engineer on a project to take responsibility for the HVAC scope and project aspects such as planning, scheduling, man-hour estimates and measuring physical progress.
• Has solid HVAC engineering and design experience in the Refinery, Petrochemical and Offshore markets. (10+ years)
• Should have good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering
• Has good knowledge of national and international codes and standards
• Has proven experience with Dutch and European regulations
• Has already been responsible for (midsize) teams
• Multi-office project execution experience is an advantage
• Experience and affinity with Project controls; Scheduling and progressing
• Ability to organize and set priorities
• Ability to communicate and present effectively
• Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing. Mastering Dutch and/or German is an advantage.
• Proactive attitude and motivating
• Flexible for business travelling
• Computer literacy essential, familiarity with HVAC design software preferred. e.g.: VABI, HAP, HevaComp
Are you interested in this role as HVAC Engineer?
Please don’t hesitate to contact me!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
Lower Mainland British Columbia
22 September 2023
17 August 2023