Lead Electrical Engineer
The successful candidate must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, subcontractors and clients.
- Technical leader on utility power distribution and telecom network design projects.
- Provide mentorship, direction and oversight to intermediate and junior engineers, technologists and designer/CAD staff.
- Perform ongoing performance coaching and evaluation.
- Perform annual performance reviews, plan employee development and career progressions, identify and organize training.
- Prepare detailed designs for distribution electrical systems using MicroStation or other utility specific design and drafting tools.
- Prepare, review and mark for changes detailed site layouts and structural or electrical drawings such as: schematics, profiles, single line diagrams and circuit plans.
- Carry out detailed calculations to ensure designs meet engineering standards and applicable codes.
- Capable of developing scoping study, design basis memorandums and participations in engineering design specifications and detail engineering.
- Review and perform quality control checks for drawings and deliverables.
- Review and sign off on design drawings, cost estimates and other technical documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of tender documents and specifications.
- Oversee the provision of construction services.
- Coordinate field reviews and the preparation of record drawings.
- Liaise with clients, project managers, and stakeholders as necessary.
- Perform project management functions including preparation of cost estimates, budgets, schedules, design reports, peer reviews.
- Prepare proposals and quotations.
- Investigate and review the actions to correct reported errors, omissions and non-conformances.
- Undertake business development activities including marketing, attendance at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Engineer with APEGA.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience is required.
- Experience with the design of shallow utilities and municipal infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of electrical systems and engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code Part 1 and Part 3.
- Working knowledge of analysis tools such as PLS-CAD, SPIDA Calc, AGi32, CYME would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, etc. is required.
- Ability to lead professionals, technical staff, and administrative personnel to deliver projects and services.
- Must possess leadership and coaching skills in the development, training and mentoring of team members.
- An adequate level of comfort to successfully undertake business development activities.
- Desire and aptitude for developing and continually improving in-house engineering processes, procedures, templates, etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
To apply for this position, please send your word formatted resume to email@example.com.
Our latest jobs
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
Johannesburg South Africa