This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUNCTION: LEAD MECHANICAL ENGINEER
SALARY: MARKET RELATED (NEG. ON EXPERIENCE)
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“TRS has an excellent opportunity available for a professional registered and committed individual to fulfill the role of Lead Mechanical Engineer with a B. Eng. / BSc Degree (Mechanical) qualification and with refinery, petrochemical industry experience.”
- To manage execution teams and the development of technical deliverables including scoping, work breakdown and allocation and generation of technical mechanical and piping specifications and designs on Greenfields and Brownfields projects.
- Ensure that discipline deliverables have been executed in accordance with the necessary technical standards, specification, client requirement, applicable internal quality systems and interface requirements with other work/disciplines.
- Interface and liaising with clients during proposal, design and construction phases of projects.
- Interfacing and liaising with supply, fabrication and construction subcontractors during proposal, design and construction phases of projects.
- To perform discipline inputs in MFD (P&ID) reviews, HAZOP study, Model and constructability reviews, Mechanical / design philosophy review meetings internally and with clients.
- Affinity for detail engineering and a passion for mechanical engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- B. Eng. / BSc Degree (Mechanical)
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in industrial mechanical and piping engineering projects in a petro-chemical environment.
- Professionally registered engineer (PR Eng. Mech.) or eligible to submit.
- Experience in the application ASME codes, pressure equipment regulation and local national standards for vessels and piping.
- Exposure to refinery and petrochemical industry specific requirement and application.
- Exposure to piping and mechanical fabrication and construction project and processes.
- Exposure to discipline design tools and software i.e. (Pressure Vessel Design (PV Elite, Compress, etc.) and 3D modeling and piping design software and processes)
Steven Van Rooyen
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de Mexico