Dubai Middle East
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We are looking for a Lead Structural Engineer with experience in Discipline Management, Offshore Oil & Gas Fixed and Floating (FPSO/FPUs) Topside Structures. Projects covering FEED, Basic and Detail Engineering.
• Responsible for Offshore Structural Discipline Section, cumulating Technical, Managerial and Administrative duties.
• Undertakes FEED, detail design and management of structural engineering activities for new build offshore/Oil & Gas Fixed and Floating Structures (FPSO/FSO/FSRU/FPUs).
• Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents, material specifications.
• Supervises and provides quality assurance on design works within the Offshore Structural Discipline. Displays a hands-on approach, and, wherever required, takes pro-active action to develop concepts and design, coach, and guide those working in the discipline.
• Reviews and updates design standards, practices, and procedures with respect to sound engineering practices and cost effectiveness in Offshore Structural Discipline.
• Liaises with design engineers, other leads, and other concerned organizations regarding project design requirements.
• Ensures quality of the engineering design and analysis in by ensuring the work is executed in accordance with project requirements, design basis, quality plans, schedules, and budgets, and in accordance with department work instructions.
• Coordinates reviews with other disciplines/contractors and departments, and performs constructability reviews
• Support EPC proposals for Offshore Projects
• Initiates, develops, and optimizes cost effective system design.
• Prepares bid tabulations and recommendations.
• Review third party technical documents & drawings and clarify technical issues.
• Liaise with Class & Owners regarding drawing & document approvals.
• Experience in various structural design standards like API/DIN/JIS as well as a good understanding of ABS, DNV, API, AISC and other related industry regulations and standards.
• Have experience as Discipline Lead on Mega Projects and/or as Discipline Manager, managing in-house design and design consultants.
• Experience in communicating and developing technical solutions with Yard/Construction Trades and T&I Contractors, bringing constructability and T&I Requirements in consideration at early stage of the project.
• Expertise in software such as DNV-GL SESAM Genie and STAAD Pro, additional experience in Strand7 & SACS will count as a plus.
• Have a sound understanding on how the Structural Discipline relates to other Engineering Disciplines and packages on Fixed and Floating Projects, be able to anticipate such requirements and plan internal and external interfaces well in advance.
• Have a sound understanding of Hull Structural Design and aspects of Naval Architecture design related to FPSO/FSO/FSRU/FPUs, be able to coordinate technical parameters such as RAOs, Motion/Acc’s, Hog/Sag effects, etc.
• Have proved experience in Designing Structures subjected to Environmental Loads, Blast and Fire, Dropped Objects, fatigue (Spectral, Deterministic, Simplified), Progressive Collapse, Dynamic Response for difference types of loads.
• Have a good overview, but also appreciate deep diving into technical drawings and specifications.
• Be a self-starter and committed team player with good interpersonal skills and an analytical mind.
• Ability to effectively manage concurrently different projects that may vary in nature and scope.
• Should have excellent communication skills to engage with both internal and external parties.
• Experienced in discipline, project planning and reporting.
• Master's Degree in Structural Engineering with verified offshore structural discipline skills.
• Registration as Chartered Engineer (CEng), or equivalent by Recognized Class/Council.
• Have minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in engineering consultancies, offshore / Oil & Gas industry, shipyard, where hands on exposure to a wide range of offshore /oil and gas design projects can be demonstrated.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$192000 - $210000
North Kingstown RI
The Hague area
The Hague area
22 September 2023
17 August 2023