JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall safety and effectiveness of the Mechanical and Electrical/Instrument maintenance function. Carries out objectives consistent with safety, budgets, productivity improvements, scheduling and maintenance excellence. These objectives are achieved by delegating accountability with maintenance staff and by working very closely with the operations and technical teams.
The Maintenance manager shall provide instruction, support, operational and strategic direction to the divisional Maintenance Department and support and provide time-sensitive information at a managerial level to facilitate sound decisions on issues facing the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
• Direct and manage the site maintenance staff to implement best maintenance practices and provide technical expertise to reduce costs and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability.
• Direct the planning and scheduling program, and its effectiveness, through the use of established benchmarks and parameters.
• Control maintenance expenditures within budget requirements by monitoring expenditures, adjusting priorities and forecasting maintenance needs.
• Implement and evaluate Preventive Maintenance Programs.
• Coordinate and direct the use of outside resources assigned to the plant.
• Participate in process safety site activities like Root Cause Analysis, PHA Review, MOC and PSM.
• Develop written procedures for the maintenance department.
• Plan, implement and oversee the craftsmen training program to hone and maintain their technical skill.
• Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
• Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Highschool diploma required.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in a process plant environment, five (5) of which must be a supervisory position required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Extensive and varied experience in plant operations, commissioning and start-up, and the application of engineering principles in a plant environment.
• Strong analytical, project management, contract management and negotiation skills.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Experience with Yokogawa DCS preferred.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• Majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones and copiers.
• Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
• Noise levels are typically moderate.
• Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
• Less than 10% of the time.
Our latest jobs
$75k - $95k
San Antonio, TX
Den Helder, Netherlands
Ciudad de Mexico
R22 000 per month (Negotiable)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Negotiable on Experience)
Durban, South Africa