Due to tremendous growth, we have an opening for a Maintenance Superintendent. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is located in Tucson, Arizona. Relocation package offered for qualified candidates. Below are details of the position requirements:
Provides continuous improvement in maintenance services to the assigned unit. Coordinates closely with Operations supervision to ensure efficient and effective completion of maintenance activities. Oversees the installation, operation, and maintenance, of equipment in the assigned unit. Responsible and accountable for SHE and Quality Management systems goals, objectives and targets.
Interacts with Operations, Process Technology, Project Engineering, Laboratory, Process Safety Management Department, Training Department and the Environmental Department.
Supervise the daily field activities of hourly and contract maintenance services. The Maintenance Supervisor oversees activities within his/her area of expertise. A typical span of responsibility for the Maintenance Supervisor includes the following:
- Oversight of maintenance activities within multiple operating units totaling approximately $21million in replacement asset value (RAV).
- Responsible for the efficient field execution of $1.0 - $1.5 million of routine (non-turnaround) annual maintenance expenditures – including labor, contract services, material, and rentals.
- Accountable for leading maintenance efforts to achieve SHE and Quality Management Systems goals, objectives and targets as established by management.
- Job stepping, material preparation, and cost estimation of maintenance work activities. Work plans that support the business and operating unit priorities.
- The maintenance supervisor ensures:
- A high level of workforce and contract service performance in regards to Safety, Health, and Environmental policies, ISO 9001, plant policies.
- Participates in Management Reviews.
- Support and participates in the FMEA process.
- Support and participates in the MOCA process.
- Ensure appropriate preventative maintenance programs are in place, tracked, and reviewed.
- Review and convert work notifications to work orders.
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, and verify completion of maintenance activities.
- Optimization of human and financial resources.
- Repairs comply with national codes and industry practice.
- Adequate spare part inventories to support each unit’s business strategy.
- Provides input on training programs to keep individuals current with new project installations.
- Appropriate support to the engineering department on project installations and start-up.
- Responsible for maintenance of facilities to ensure the plant security.
- Maintenance performance measures are maintained, and continuous improvement is pursued.
- Execution of all processes within the Maintenance Quality System (ISO)
- Ensure safe working practices and maintenance equipment safety
- Development and management of maintenance personnel
- Development and implementation of equipment reliability program
- Compilation of financial and technical maintenance related reports
- Ensure that all SHERQ systems and participation are upheld.
- Establishment of procedures and training to ensure safe working practices and equipment that is safe to operate.
- High School degree or GED
- 10+ years of industrial experience in plant maintenance positions with 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of codes and standards
- Experience in turnaround management preferred
- Experience in planning/scheduling routine work
TRS Staffing treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note we are unable to sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.
Our latest jobs
Maputo, South Africa
Offshore - North Sea
Saint John, New Brunswick
03 September 2019
06 August 2019