You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
TRS is looking for a Mechanical Engineer III to join one of the largest global manufacturers located in Theodore, Alabama.
This exciting position will provide you with an opportunity to be part of the global transition from fossil fuels through the development of mobile cryogenic transports. Critical success factors for this role include the ability to collaborate across multiple functions, design products to engineering code requirements, and implement creative and innovative ideas into new products
• Development of mobile transport products
• Development of P&IDs for cryogenic transports
• Performing calculations to support the transport product line and development of new products including structural, weight distribution, fluid flow, and thermodynamic
• Component and part selection and validation
• Generation and ongoing support of bill of materials
• Development and execution of test plans
• Assisting with prototype builds
• Research and investigation of code requirements
• Work with team to develop documentation to support the 5-phase development process and risk management activities
• Problem solving and support with hydrogen transport product line
• Development of end of line testing plan
• Creation of product documentation including manuals and cutsheets
• Supporting customer inquiries
• BS Mechanical Engineering Degree or other engineering degree
• Strongly preferred: PE certification
• MS degree is a plus
• Office environment
• Manufacturing environment including outdoor testing
• Work related travel may be required (approx. 10% maximum)
• Frequent standing, sitting, walking
• Frequent computer work
• Production floor environment will involve possible exposure to materials with rough edges, temperature extremes, moving mechanical parts, occasional flying debris, chemical cleaning solvents and their odors.
• Liquid nitrogen and liquid hydrogen testing
• Preferred: 3-5 years of experience in hydrogen applications
• Preferred: 3-5 years of experience with cryogenic applications
• 3-5 years of experience in product development
• P&ID development
• Development of equipment to engineering code standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of cryogenics
• Experience with product testing
• Cryogenic and/or mobile product experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter and a team leader
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
• Proficient with Solid works and/or AutoCAD
• Knowledge with ASME vessels/thermodynamics/product development/team building
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
Lower Mainland British Columbia
22 September 2023
17 August 2023