This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Project Manager for a role that we have available in the Galway area. We are looking for a candidate with good HVAC experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, clean room and industrial sectors.
• Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
• Liaise with OM in staffing of project
• Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
• As Project Manager (Mechanical biased) you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histograms
• Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
• Develop project safety and quality plans
• Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
• Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
• Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
• Attend meetings with Clients
• Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
• Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
• Advise client in good time of current sales plan
• Ensure productivity at work place is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
• Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
• Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
• Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
• Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
• Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
• Handover O&M manual and record drawings
• Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
• Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
• Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Project Manager
• Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
• Significant Project management experience 10 years+.
• Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical pharmaceutical or similar sector projects (Healthcare, Semiconductor, Brewery, Distillery etc.)
• Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
• Piping and building services experience
• Commercial Awareness
• Experience in Process Piping, BMS Systems, HVAC, Clean & Dirty Utilities Piping, is essential.
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
• Excellent record keeper and administration skills
• Drives for results
• Leads and influences others.
• Identifies and achieves commercial value.
• Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
• Plans and effectively manages projects.
• Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
• Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
Rotterdam 3068 AX
€60000 - €65000
Wiltshire SN4 7DB
€35000 - €45000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal 03810
Mexico DF Distrito Federal 03810
Amsterdam 1031 HL
11 January 2021