You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
• Direct hire position
• In office
The Midstream Data Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with members across the organization to gather data inputs required to develop data interfaces and visualizations in Spotfire for use within the Midstream Team. The Midstream Data Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and integrity both in system databases and our data warehouse as well as ensuring data governance. This position offers opportunities for role expansion and personal growth as the candidate streamlines data processes and identifies areas for business improvements and/or application of new technologies.
• Ensure consistency and implementation of Master Data Management rules/procedures
• Work closely with the Midstream and Data Teams to ensure correct access to data to facilitate midstream analytics for Midstream KPIs
• Join data sets with close attention to table relationships both in visualization programs and in databases
• Perform ad hoc data analyses in Spotfire, Excel, and/or PowerBI
• Build BI front end dashboards Spotfire, Excel, and/or PowerBI
• Ability to utilize Spotfire for data canvas, custom expressions, calculated columns, property controls, and creating information links
• Ability to interact with other areas of the company to collaborate on execution of tasks
• Anticipate, recognize, report, and help resolve issues
• Provide technical guidance to end users
• Work independently or as a member of a team environment
• BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analytics or equivalent
• 3-5 years of Data Analyst experience
• Expert level Spotfire skills preferred
• Oil and gas knowledge and experience preferred, Python or R programming experience a plus
• Must be proficient and have experience with data manipulation in Excel, with MS SQL experience preferred
• Eagerness to tackle new or complex problems with the latest tools and technologies
• Detail oriented, initiative-taking, consistently meets deadlines
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Ability to coordinate with departments within the organization and vendors outside the organization
• Lead and live GME Values
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Rebecca Williams at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Squamish British Columbia
Congo - Pointe Noire City
22 September 2023
17 August 2023