Top 3 requirements
1.) Certified in MT3 and VT3, PT3 is required
2.) Must come from NAVSEA or Nuclear facility
3.) 10+ recent years’ experience
Perform VT and MT examinations in accordance with ASNT-TC-1A. Testing and inspection of products will be performed at various stages of production process in compliance with applicable codes, standards, or other specified requirements. Places safety and environmental issues as a priority at all times. Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand, comply and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Responsible for following housekeeping and 5-S initiatives in the quality department.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning manufacturing quality problems, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of Quality team.
• Shall have the skills and knowledge to establish techniques; to interpret codes, standards, and specifications; designate the particular examination methods, techniques, and procedures to be used; and to verify the adequacy of procedures.
• Develop and implement radiographic inspection procedures to include exposure controls, film processing, equipment maintenance, interpretation of film and proper radiation safety practices.
• Develop and implement visual, ultrasonic, magnetic particle and dye penetrant inspection procedures to include equipment maintenance, equipment calibration, and interpretation of test results.
• Candidate must be knowledgeable with applicable industry standards specifications and procedures.
• Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams and confers with management to employ appropriate quality codes and standards.
• Selects products for test at specific stages in the production process, and test products for a variety of qualities including dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
• Record test data, applying statistical methods as appropriate.
• Evaluate data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
Provide guidance and oversight for any Level I inspection activities as directed. Level II Inspectors shall be capable of evaluating the validity and acceptability of inspection results, supervising, and certifying lower level inspection personnel. This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Shall have sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure understanding of the principles and procedures of those NDT methods in which they are being considered for certification.
• Documented training and/or experience gained in positions and activities equivalent to those of levels I and II prior to establishment at Pegasus Steel.
• One (1) year satisfactory performance as a Level I Inspector in the discipline or certification, or
• High school graduate with three (3) years of related experience in equivalent inspection, examination, or testing activities, or
• Completion of college level work leading to an Associate Degree in a related discipline plus one (1) year related experience in equivalent inspection, examination, or testing activities, or
• A four (4) year college graduation plus six (6) months of related experience in equivalent inspection, examination, or testing activities.
• Level II Inspectors shall have all of the capabilities of a Level I Inspector. Additionally, a Level II Inspector shall be capable of planning inspections, tests and examinations including set-up required, equipment, and generating/reviewing procedures relative to their areas of qualification. Level II Inspectors shall be capable of evaluating the validity and acceptability of inspection results, supervising, and certifying lower level inspection personnel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ASNT-TC-1A Certified NDT Level II who is capable of establishing techniques and procedures; interpreting codes and standards such as MIL-STD-248/NAVSEA S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248, MIL-STD-271/NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271, and MIL-STD-278/NAVSEA S9074-AR-GIB-010/278, and designating the particular nondestructive testing methods, techniques, and procedures to be used.
Our latest jobs
MEX$80000 - MEX$80000
Ciudad de México Mexico
$70000 - $75000
Pueblo, CO United states
$39520 - $41600
Anderson South Carolina
$110000 - $150000
San Leandro California
CIUDAD DE MEXICO
Ciudad de México
25 February 2021
09 February 2021