This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Our client, Fluor Corporation, is one of the world's leading engineering companies, providing bespoke planning, project management, and maintenance solutions for large-scale plant construction, including oil and gas, the petrochemical industry, and energy and power plants. The company has companies in more than 100 countries worldwide and has more than 60,000 employees on all continents.
Fluor convinces through reliability, expertise and safety. With this high quality standard, the company wants to further expand its market presence in Germany and thereby support the global growth strategy. Due to the growing business development, we are looking for Piping Designer to the newly established location in the Rhine-Neckar region, available at the earliest possible date.
The Piping Design discipline is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support Fluor´s clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant. E.g. Equipment locations , locations of new structures and platforms.
Fluor’s target industries are: Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
- Develop, design and produces and check complex Piping drawings including plot plans, piping plans, isometrics, MTO’s and sketches by using 2D and 3D design tools
- Field check by frequent site visits
- Perform measurements independently
- Interpret and set-up P&ID’s
- Participate in design reviews within the Project team
- Work independently, controls / leads small teams including offshored work
- Have practical knowledge of field installations
- Assure quality of work assigned, assure technical integrity of design documents
- Proactive reporting project status and constraints to the Piping Lead
- 8-15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor, or
production company in the process industry.
- Practical Field experience
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) update master P&ID and pipe line list
- Design with 3D tools, such as Smart plant 3D.
- Auto Cad proficiency
- Understanding of pertinent coders and governing regulations and industry practices
- MBO WTB or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of piping design
- Candidates shall be fluent in both German and English
- Written and oral communication with our clients is as well in German as English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Be able to multi-task between several projects
Are you the driven Piping Designer we are looking for? Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you curious about this job? We are happy to meet you! Please contact Timo Duch-Diel via +49 (0)621 39731 5681 for more information or send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de Mexico