You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Location: Gurgaon, India
Type: Full Time
Our client is proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are looking for an experienced Piping Engineer to be responsible for the piping design, operation, and implementation and to lead technical project execution activities on all design phases as well as installation, start up, implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detailed Piping engineering activities for industrial plants covering required design calculations, MTOs, Piping Material Specifications, various types of layouts, procurement activity for piping items covering preparation of enquiry specification, review of quotes and preparation of TR, preparation of order specifications, review of vendor drawings, review of piping content for mechanical packages. Knowledge about 3D software packages like PDS/PDMS/Auto plant etc. is mandatory
- To study ITB, project and design basis such as scope of work, overall project schedule, basic design data, client specification, client standard drawings, existing drawings, and plot plan.
- To assist in planning and organizing piping engineering activities and manpower requirement for the project.
- To assist in developing piping engineering and design schedule, manpower requirements, manhour distribution and execution plan based on the scope of work and approved budget manhour/schedule.
- To coordinate piping design and engineering effort with other area Lead Engineers and disciplines of the project as directed by Piping Design Supervisor.
- To prepare piping information list and layout and document list following standard procedure created for the project.
- To prepare piping general specification inclusive of specification for piping arrangement, piping support standards.
- To interpret and evaluate stress/vibration analysis result and provides necessary recommendation on resolving the method of analysis.
- To check and review all work such as piping layout and information prepared by Engineers, 3D models, MTO, BQ and other deliverables of the project for compliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and construction practices.
- To provide field engineering support/advice towards piping installation and testing at construction site.
- To perform the function inherent to Piping Key Person as designated by Piping Department Manager and Lead Piping Engineer.
- To evaluate the performance of and provide counseling and guidance to members of the project.
- To prepare lesson learned upon completion of the project and recommend preventive actions to avoid recurrence on future projects to Piping Design Supervisor.
- To perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Department Manager and Lead Piping Engineer.
- To carry out engineering support work during the construction phase of the project.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering Discipline with minimum 10+ years of experience in Design Engineering for PHARMA/ LIFESCIENCE/ BIOTECH Project.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years in the field of piping design involving detailed design, stress evaluation, production work, 3D model review, and construction engineering support.
- Ability to use computer equipment and peripherals to carry out routine computing tasks.
- Good Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good knowledge of SP3D.
- Good knowledge of 3D Model review through Naviswork or SPR.
- Interpretation of stress/vibration analysis report.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical information, contracts reports and instructions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients and ability to write effective minutes of meeting and other related business communications.
- Strong leadership qualities and analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Netherlands Bergen op Zoom
CA$ 120000 - CA$ 150000
CA$ 120 Per Hour
CA$ 110 Per Hour
CA$ 70 Per Hour
South Africa Durban
Canada Fort Saskatchewan
27 February 2024
16 February 2024