The Process Safety Management Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of support duties in the Safety, Health, & Environmental department. Monitor and maintain compliance with the Process Safety Management (PSM) Program and the Risk Management Plan (RMP). Assists in maintaining related records and files. Perform general support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The PSM Coordinator key duties include the following:
• Develop process safety management through leading the site’s Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)/Hazard study programs in order to identify, evaluate and control potential hazards within processes including hazard identification, risk assessments, mitigation planning and project implementation, development of procedures, compliance auditing and compliance reporting.
• Provide expertise on process safety risk identification, assessment and management processes.
• Devises and implements PSM standards and incorporates best practices from industry.
• Coach and develop others in process safety and deliver training to increase PSRM knowledge on site.
• Leads, manages and facilitates the completion of process hazard identification and risk assessments to develop risk management strategies for the facility by identifying potential or
actual adverse process safety hazards.
• Plans mitigation of process safety risks and manages projects to implement mitigation plans.
• Reviews MOCs for PSM related items. Ensure PSSR (Pre-Startup Safety Review) are completed for all Management of Change (MOCs).
• Ensures that process safety related documentation for all identified hazards are developed and
maintained. This includes reviewing and organizing P&IDs and PFDs as necessary.
• Identifies process safety training needs and provides that training through in-house resources or external consultancy.
• Acts as site point of contact for all process safety related matters and provides day-to-day advice
& guidance on process safety issues.
• Ensures that an annual program of PHAs are compiled and adhered to which includes the close out of actions related to PSM and the completion of annual site internal audits.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Health & Safety related field required.
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a high hazard process plant environment required
• Experience designing relief systems preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of process safety management as defined by 29 CFR Part 1910.119 OSHA PSM and 40 CFR Part 68 EPA RMP.
• Knowledge in related standards and codes e.g. NFPA
• Experience in devising and implementing process safety related policies.
• Strong knowledge of process safety methodologies and tools such as hazard study, LOPA etc. and extensive experience in leading these studies.
• Strong understanding of EHS regulations and standards.
Our latest jobs
Den Helder, Netherlands
$50-55 per hour
EG, West Africa
120000 - 140000
£60-70k per annum
The Hague, Netherlands