This is a freelance position for a minimum of 9 months. Starting in October 2020.
Previous Offshore Wind Project Development experience is desired but candidates from an Energy or major Construction background will be considered.
Responsible for executing all operational sourcing activities for onshore and offshore wind farms, which includes but is not limited to:
• Functionally reporting to the head of WTG procurement
• Act as a constructive sparring partner to the respective business as well as the client's market interface towards suppliers
• Capture stakeholder demands and requirements
• Manage the operational sourcing process (including demand/market analysis, RFI, RFPs, Negotiations, Contracting and Supplier Implementation) in close collaboration with key stakeholders and in line with the client's policy and process requirements
• Drive TCO and LCOE optimization and contribute to product/service rationalization through cost reduction and risk mitigation
• Manage supply risk and take appropriate corrective actions
• Contribute to identifying and achieving the savings and value targets for the category through appropriate levers including costing techniques
• Guide and support stakeholders with any contract implementation, contract management or supplier-related issue
• Manage purchase orders, variations orders, invoice workflow and documentation in SAP
• Qualification: Relevant academic degree (University or equivalent) or similar education/apprenticeship
- Ideally minimum 5 years of experience in Construction Projects with contract values over €100mn.
- Experienced in strategic procurement/contract management roles
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and contract management of high value and high risk construction contracts (experience with FIDIC or similar contract templates is preferred).
- Experience in applying efficient procurement processes, structures and analytical tools
- Experience in working within cross-site and international category teams
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders and demand carriers
- Ideally experience in an intercultural working environment
- Entrepreneurial understanding, orientiation towards customers and results
- Positive attitude towards change processes
- Ideally knowledge (suppliers, markets, trends) in the wind business
- Technical understanding to translate requirements into procurement specifications
- Detailed understanding of risk and interface management.
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills combined with a structured and independent working style
- Strong team player who is comfortable with conflicts
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programmes and SAP
- Knowledge in Procurement e-tools: SRM, eSourcing and eAuction
- Expertise in using common methods and tools for cost analysis
- Business fluent proficiency in English
- Readiness to travel both nationally and internationally
Please contact Martin Doe for more information
TRS Staffing Solutions (TRS) does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation
TRS acts as an employment agency and employment business for permanent and temporary workers as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
Our latest jobs
Johannesburg South Africa
₹400000 - ₹600000
Mexico Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
₹300000 - ₹400000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
20 November 2020