This is an initial 12 month contract position, working remotely, with option to extend. Starting asap.
When restrictions are lifted you will be based out of their Dublin project offices so you must be based in Ireland.
Objectives of the role:
The Procurement Officer will operate within the Procurement and Contracts function for the Wind Park project and will be responsible for providing a comprehensive procurement service in support of project development and construction activities within a major offshore wind farm project including preparing procurement strategies and plans, identification and selection of suppliers, negotiation and award of low to mid value contracts for goods, works and services in consultation with the wider project team in accordance with best-value and approved procedures.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
• Implement project procurement plans;
• Undertake the procurement of goods and services and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives including, but not limited to, the following:
• Purchase market research/market intelligence;
Prepare and issue of requests for quotation/invitations to tender;
• Lead the evaluation of bids and coordinating inputs from the wider evaluation team (technical, legal, HSE);
• Negotiate commercial terms with preferred suppliers;
• Ensure timely contract awards;
• Liaise regularly with key suppliers;
• Audit/review compliance with approved procurement procedures;
• Manage procurement activities on business systems and acting as a point of reference for business users.
• Manage a demand plan, identifying all upcoming procurement support requirements initially during the DEVEX phase;
• Work closely with local stakeholders and the project team, develop and deploy new-market entry strategies for localisations, including identification and development of the domestic supply chain.
Skills and Experience:
• This role will require a general understanding of renewables or offshore wind projects;
• Experience in procurement of both onshore and offshore services;
• Knowledge of the Irish market preferred;
• Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Attention to detail, particularly regarding supplier contracts;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Understanding of trade compliance including Incoterms, commodity codes, tariffs, etc;
• Proficiency with accounting software required Sage etc. and proficient with MS Office;
• Good oral, written communication and presentation skills;
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects;
• Possess or working towards CIPS membership would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please contact Martin Doe
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
CA$65 - CA$75
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
AU$80000 - AU$110000
£80000 - £90000
Coventry West Midlands
North Holland Netherlands
Kurnool Andhra Pradesh
Mexico DF Distrito Federal