You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
My client is a global procurement service provider who are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team in a staff role and be based in Sussex.
The company is a provider of global procurement and supply chain services, distributing an extensive range of products to multiple markets. They now have an exciting career opportunity to offer in an established company that is one of the UK's leading global procurement service providers.
My client sources, procures and supplies a diverse selection of goods across a range of industries, including Mining, infrastructure and the wider energy sectors.
About the Job:
You will be working in a team that specialises in dealing with procurement for various infrastructure and energy projects. You will effectively be sourcing products such as heavy plant machinery, construction materials, MEP packages etc. in order to build a comprehensive bid/tender for their clients in Africa and the Middle East.
Your role as Procurement specialist will include the following duties/responsibilities:
- To negotiate, source and obtain materials, equipment and services, achieving competitive pricing without compromising quality.
- To provide clients with an offer that meets their exact technical and commercial requirements and is compliant, competitive, clear and comprehensive.
- To ensure full understanding of the customer needs and exact requirements before proceeding with orders or enquiries.
- To execute and manage supplier contracts in accordance with guidelines to optimise cost, service, quality and capital.
- To evaluate and select suppliers on the basis of credibility/capability, commercial, technical and delivery criteria against the client requirement and assess the worth of offering options.
- To negotiate key advantages with suppliers and obtain any resourceful information.
- To consult line managers with bid-tabs, supplier/logistics quotations and other key information to determine bid finalisation.
- To effectively check all sales orders against our quotation and suppliers’ quotations to ensure the order is profitable and compliant and can be confirmed and actioned within 72 hours of receipt without issue.
- To ensure all information is accurately recorded and all tasks actioned in a timely and professional manner including confirmation of sales orders, handover to expediting with the correct documentation etc.
- To effectively time manage to meet all deadlines, due dates and delivery schedules.
- To source and build a “hitlist” of appropriate suppliers using our supplier database, file history and other in-house resources and make prompt contact.
- To develop and maintain up to date professional skills in order to ensure continuous delivery of a high standard procurement service.
- To undertake any tasks required that are commensurate to the role.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Engineering background if possible, used to working in a SME environment with a trading mentality.
- Previous Procurement experience in the Mining, Energy or Infrastructure sectors
- The ability to build appropriate professional working relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers and customers alike.
- The ability to quickly adapt and manage conflicting priorities, multitasking, and working in a fast paced environment.
- Intuitive interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as time management and personal organisation skills.
- Customer focused problem solving skills.
- Strong IT skills in order to learn our bespoke purchasing software.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications particularly excel.
- Need to be located in the Sussex/Surrey area, or be willing to relocate if necessary.
- Contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life insurance
- Contribution to monthly gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Standard hours 9-5.30 Mon-Fri - flexible working hours options
- Onsite parking
- This position is office based and not remote.
- Salary dependent on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 17 Hourly
United States Ladson
$ 100000 - $ 135000
United States Augusta
$ 45 Per Hour
United States Augusta
$ 120000 - $ 150000
United States Augusta
22 September 2023