You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
• Direct hire position
• In Office-4/9 Monday- Thursday in office/ Friday half days and can work remotely
The Project Controls Manager role is to provide oversight to scheduling and cost control functions for all projects. This includes team development, maintenance and assessment of all project plans, schedules, cost, workforce requirements, and physical progress measurement on Unit Rate and Lump Sum contracts.
Effectively impacts various areas of cost and scheduling through successful
planning, development, and coordination. Additional required strengths include the ability to:
• Participate as an effective and loyal team member with long term opportunities within company.
• Provide timely, accurate and well-maintained project controls reporting.
• Continue to develop the skills and performance for their career progression.
• Earn the respect of other employees through an effective and consistent communication style.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all site scheduling and cost control functions for large, extensive greenfield refining and rail project.
• Work with Project Controls Manager, Planner/Schedulers, Cost, Project Managers, Construction Managers, and subcontractors to assess work scope, EPC schedules, workforce plans, resource requirements and progress reporting.
• Assist with monitoring subcontract progress payments / site purchase order activity.
• When necessary, provide analysis, recommendations (including corrective action and project execution alternatives) and effective forecasting related to plans, schedules, resource requirements, person-hour expenditures and physical progress.
• Assist in supervision and guidance of site-based company project controls personnel associated with the project when appropriate.
• Attend and participate in project meetings.
• Effectively communicate project control related data to Project Controls team in Houston, Construction Management on site, Clients, and Subcontractors.
• As required, assist with Project Change Management activities, Cost Control Forecasting, Invoicing reviews, and Material Control duties.
• Contributes to the preparation of weekly project reporting package.
• Represent the company in a professional manner when attending discussions with clients and subcontractors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Previous experience of performing project control functions during detail engineering and site execution.
• Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various levels of management and employees, while maintaining high ethical and professional standards.
• Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must utilize thorough knowledge of project controls engineering software systems, principles and practices while maintaining ability, creativity, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems.
Minimum of 15 years of experience in the engineering, procurement and
construction industry OR
Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Hands on experience with Primavera P6 and ability to analyze schedules.
Familiar with Ares Prism or Ecosys modules
Bachelor’s degree required.
English fluency required.
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Rebecca Williams at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023