This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Austin, TX area engineering company is seeking a Project Geotechnical Engineer for a permanent role.
Responsibilities and Duties
Will manage detailed phases of projects with moderate size and complexity, provide engineering and consulting services for complex wind energy projects to challenging heavy transportation projects. This may include:
- Performing and/or leading field investigations.
- Engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations.
- Design and development of plans and specifications.
- Writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a PE with 4 to 10 years of experience and able to obtain TX PE within 3 months. Less experience may be considered with higher education.
. BS or MS in Civil Engineering from ABET schools.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Independently perform a variety of projects or selected segments of larger projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Make design, engineering, and construction recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Perform quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluate complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
- Write and prepare routine and complex engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Participate in marketing, sales and business development.
Send resumes to email@example.com