United Kingdom Farnborough
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The PIM is charged with maximizing the efficiency of the project team and achieving the project goals through the best application of automation technology tools and methods.
This position is normally assigned to a project with complex automation issues, multiple sites, and work-sharing locations.
This role may manage or provide direct and general supervision to other PIMs.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the IM will be required to :
• Responsible for all automation-related activities on a project
• Promote and ensure effective knowledge sharing behaviours in the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Work with the client and project management to analyze and develop the work process, and identify the desired electronic interaction among the client, partners, contractors, suppliers, and Fluor
• Coordinate the automation scope, services, budget, and schedule
• Coordinate design automation kickoff activities and provide overall cross-discipline automation coordination
• Identify and coordinate the automation project turnover and close-out activities
• Perform data integrity audits, as required, to ensure that data standards and nomenclature established for the project are being followed
• Identify the level of electronic communication (connectivity) and support functions to be provided at the construction site and make recommendations to project management
• Ensure that any pre-qualification activities for engineering and construction contractors on their computer aided design (CAD) and technology capabilities are completed;
• integrate the technology needs of the project with the capabilities of the contractors, vendors, and client;
• Ensure that the project CAD & IM Execution Plan, including standard project procedures, is completed
• Ensure compliance with any software or technology-licensing issues when Fluor is required to provide technology access to project joint-venture partners or third parties
• Provide people development and direct and general supervision
• Identify any special local area network / wide area network (LAN / WAN) requirements and activities computing requirements for the project
• Define, support, and enforce standards and work practices to enable multi-office / company project execution (work-sharing activities) and Electronic Data Interchange
• Develop the Project Information Management (PIM) scope of work / scope of services, deliverables, and schedule for implementation in cooperation with the project management, client, and contractor teams
• Develop and manage the project automation budgetary requirements to support the scope and schedule requirements
• Coordinate the specification, planning, and implementation of project office and construction site office-computing environments
• Remain aware of the business issues and consequences of using automation technology on projects
• Understand the work-process and data integration requirements between Engineering, procurement and construction, commissioning.
• Protect Fluor’s intellectual property, security and confidentiality of information
• Manage the export control (legislative requirements) for software and hardware
• May manage Project Document & Data Management (PDDM) operations
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving
• Good communicator and ability to impart complex ideas in a simple fashion.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
• Lump sum project experience an advantage.
• Understanding of engineering systems execution, familiarity with the Hexagon Smartplant Environment (SPE).
• Working knowledge of CFIHOS or other equivalent class libraries.
• Must have a Team attitude , be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required
To apply for this opportunity please contact Mia Dettori (email@example.com) or apply via the link below.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 56 Hourly
United States Irvine
Netherlands Regio Den Haag
United States Greenville
$ 55 - $ 75
United States Pasadena
£ 50000 - £ 100000
United Kingdom Farnborough
$ 49000 - $ 59000
United Arab Emirates Dubai
€ 1 Hourly
United States Greenville
€ 1 Yearly
22 September 2023