- Responsible, within the US, for all the sales and marketing aspects associated with the introduction of existing and new products in the market.
- Responsible for meeting all sales targets and business objectives set out on an annual basis, by creating new opportunities and developing existing business.
Key Job Elements
- Visits potential customers, creates relationships, makes calls and all other required arrangements with the goal of persuading the customer to demo and purchase the Companys products.
- Collaborates with the factory to maximize customer satisfaction and provides input/contribution to the engineering team for product improvements and/or new products.
- Creates and implements a business plan and sales strategies in accordance with the companys vision, strategy and long-term goals.
- Is able to analyze operating results of the product segment relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate action is taken to remedy unsatisfactory conditions.
- Plans and executes, with managements approval, all negotiations related to new and existing business.
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions as they affect the company and makes recommendations to take full advantage of any changing circumstances.
- Maintains an effective system of communication throughout the company. Cooperates with other regional sales managers and all companys functions to achieve the highest performance possible.
- Is competent and continues to educate himself/herself about the technology used in the products represented. Asks questions to the engineering group or to other competent employees and demonstrates a continuous learning mindset.
- Represents the company to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics, in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government bodies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Complies with all local legal and environmental restrictions.
- Dedicated, organized professional who has a passion for finding solutions for customers.
- Excellent emotional intelligence (EI), written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as well-developed sales management skills.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and IoT Platforms.
- Relentless, Self-starter, self-learner and self-motivated, able to grow and develop opportunities.
- Obsessed with conquering complexity and finding creative solutions to achieve goals.
- Able to deliver high quality work while working in a high pace environment.
- Ability to drive vehicles and travel by airplane
- Fluent in English and ability to effectively communicate with non-native English speakers
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or engineering combined with business aptitude.
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years performing engineering program, product or business plan development and execution.
- IoT experience required (i.e. project management, previous developer role)
- Experience with fleet management systems required
- Demonstrated experience with relationship building
- Project/program management experience with large, complex technical programs
- Forklift fleet management experience preferred
- Experience with engine controls systems a plus
Key Performance Characteristics
- Innovative Outlook
- Power of Analysis
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Passion for the Job
- Sense of Urgency
- Positive Attitude
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position with up to 60% international and domestic travel time. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job or travel duties demand. International travel predominantly in Western Europe to include Netherlands, Italy and France with occasional lengths up to two (2) weeks.
Our latest jobs
Den Helder, Netherlands
R22 000 per month (Negotiable)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Negotiable on Experience)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Negotiable)
Durban, South Africa