Job Title: Section Manager
Location: Northern Cape
Salary: R129 000 pm
Contract/ Perm: Perm
MAIN TASK & RESPONSIBILITY
• Manage and optimise production processes and approved plans to ensure production targets are met.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Grade 12
• B–Tech Degree (Mining Engineering)
• Blasting Ticket
• Mine Overseer Certificate
• Mine Manager Certificate of Competency
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• 7 years’ experience in Mining Production within an underground mining operations environment
• Minimum of 2 years continuous experience as an appointed 2.6.1 in a Trackless Board and Pillar Shaft
• 5 years management experience
• Valid Code B/EB Driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office, JDE, Qlikview and Oracle).
• Manage, control and improve production and mining operations, including contractor performance, Safety, Quality, Production Cost and Continuous Improvement.
• Manage approved plans to ensure targets are met, take remedial action where necessary.
• Manage the production processes. Ensure delivery of in-spec products. Compile production plans aligned with operations strategy.
• Plan, direct and assess Quality Management within function and implement remedial actions where necessary.
• Engage with subordinates once removed to encourage and recognise improvement. Approve innovations and provide the means for implementation. Implement operations effectiveness model and practice.
• Conduct workforce planning to ensure function is suitably staffed to meet objectives taking into account various internal and external factors.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$180,000 - $220,000
$150,000 - $200,000
100,000 - 150,000
$55 - $75/hour
Uitenhage, Cape Town
120000 - 140000
100,000 - 120,000
South-Central British Columbia