You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Here is an exciting opportunity for a Sedimentologist with our global leading Oil and Gas client in Saudi Arabia! This position offers an excellent package, one where you will feel well taken care of with opportunities for continuous learning and talent development.
The Sedimentologist will be responsible for characterizing sedimentary basins and building depositional models based on integrating core descriptions, petrophysical logs, stratigraphic framework, facies classification sequence stratigraphy, and depositional modeling and their impact on reservoir development and quality. This role will have an expectation to integrate and quality check all necessary data inputs of associated subsurface disciplines (geophysics, biostratigraphy, chemostratigraphy, petrophysics, structural geology and reservoir geology) into sedimentological evaluations.
- Conduct detailed sedimentological studies based on core logging, petrography, diagenesis and integration of open-hole logs to model all elements of the basin-fill history and to particularly facilitate unconventional reservoir evaluation, exploration and development in clastic sequences of glacial, fluvial and deep basin systems and/or shale/source rock systems
- Establish detailed sequence stratigraphic and depositional environment models and maps (2D and 3D) for unconventional reservoirs in clastic system
- Integrate all available data (2D/3D seismic, gravity, magnetic, wireline logs, core, specialist geological techniques SEM, XRD, chemostratigraphy, isotopes, biostratigraphy, etc.) to provide analysis of well data in terms of sedimentary architecture, facies and depositional environment
- Developing basin and reservoir exploration models, and support 3-D static geological models
- Master’s degree in geology with focus on sedimentology
- 15+ years of experience, with at least 5 -10 years in glaciogenic environments or unconventional plays, including shale or tight gas
- Proficiency in Petrel software to create complete sedimentological project workflows that integrate a myriad of relevant data and interpretations
- Experience in building, maintaining and evaluating large, complex geological models utilizing sedimentological modeling software
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to Kaysha.Madhok@trsstaffing.com.
TRS Staffing Solutions Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Salary ranges are estimated and may be negotiable depending on the candidate's level and quantity of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Saudi Arabia Jeddah
United Kingdom Kingston-Upon-Thames
United Arab Emirates Dubai
₹ 350 Daily
₹ 2500000 - ₹ 3000000
$ 17 Hourly
United States Ladson
United States Long Beach
United Kingdom Farnborough
€ 1 Hourly
22 September 2023