You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Description of the Project:
Project is looking for an experienced Construction Manager to assist the project and client in the execution in Home office construction planning and on site execution. The client is looking for a key individual to support execution. Beside the support and advisory role the Construction Manager is also functioning as Site Manager for the supporting disciplines: contracting, procurement, reporting, field engineering, and work pack owner. The project procedures will be from the client and or contractors executing the work. Not only the congested area and the multiple interfaces with various contractors but also the readiness of systems, equipment, buildings, rooms, etc. A major part of the successful execution is based on communication and a high level of initiative with respect to responsibility of our client’s contract.
This position is to oversee and direct the performance of the scope in line with project expectations and milestones, schedules, and cost estimates. The role requires an authoritative knowledge and background of assigned work, and holistic grasp of complex situations, the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease and see the overall picture and alternative solutions to project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction activities in numerous crafts and/or to manage contractors/subcontractors for the same within the assigned area of responsibility.
The role will report to a the Project director and regional Construction Lead.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards
- Control project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower,
- Monitor productivity and cost and implement appropriate action to maintain maximum labour productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
- Typically direct and responsible for all staff assigned to the project(s) through direct reports typically consisting of managers and supervisors heading up the various functions (i.e., Construction Manager/Superintendents, Contracts Manager, and others as appropriate for the project
- Typically serve as lead person to coordinate all activities and communication within the site/project areas as well as between those areas and other offices and locations.
- Generally responsible to assure all work undertaken is within approved scope boundaries and is in full compliance with all pertinent requirements and procedures.
- Responsibility typically includes serving as the single point of accountability to senior management, the client, and the community.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, communication, and leadership; possess strong presentation ability to address senior management, client management, and total project personnel with command.
- Functional proficiency in project controls, human relations, industrial relations, and contract management as it applicable to assigned area of responsibility; possess the capacity to direct those functions as required to support the project execution while typically being well seasoned in most functions as they apply to management of the project.
- Ability to analyse client’s and project information and development of proposals documentation and support that satisfy the clients / internal requirements.
- Develop Construction Execution plans specific to project.
- Coordinate and develop technical work procedures consistent with project design and construction requirements.
- Develop required staffing plans and organisation charts for projects.
- Monitor performance and generate weekly reports on project activities.
- Develop Construction sequences (Path of Construction) and development of construction programmes that support project milestones.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
Typical Minimum Qualifications – Related Education, Experience & Skills:
- Accredited 4 year degree or global equivalent in engineering or construction management
- Previous construction experience in planning and preparation of construction execution.
- Previous Construction Management experience on site
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Demonstrate Leadership in Health and Safety.
- Demonstrate ability to work within a large project team
- Excellent commination skills
- Demonstrate strong decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability promoting outstanding customer service and client relations
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets and presentations programs
To apply for this opportunity please contact Peter Cheal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply via the link below.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 19 Hourly
United States Ladson
United Kingdom Farnborough
Denmark Kalundborg, Denmark
Denmark Copenhagen CVR 36705256
€ 80000 - € 85000
United Kingdom Farnborough
27 February 2024
16 February 2024