We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for a role that we have available with an electrical contractor to be work out of their Dublin or regional offices in Ireland. They are looking for a candidate with good LV/MV design experience (preferably on data centre projects) to help work with the pre-construction team on prospective projects.
• Lead projects from concept stage to completion
• Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
• As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
• Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
• Production of detailed Schematics
• Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
• Mentoring of junior engineering staff
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
• Tender report / analysis / recommendations
• Develop project scope with design team / client
• Produce budgets and reports for clients
• Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
• Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
• Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
• Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
• Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
• Prepare project programs using MS project.
• Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
• Carry out lighting design calculations.
• Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
• Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
Necessary Requirement of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
• You will possess LV/MV design experience specific to Data Centre environments ideally
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess 8+ years’ experience in the construction industry of which 5+ years will have ideally been spent in a Design role.
• some experience of working on a construction sites will be advantageous however not mandatory
• Experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers
• Experience coordinating/interfacing with other disciplines within the organisation
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
• Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
• Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
• Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
• Experience in working as part of a team
• Very good proactive communicator
• The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
• Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£100000 - £120000
£65000 - £75000
₹800000 - ₹1000000
Noida Uttar Pradesh
Mexico DF Distrito Federal