As Senior Electrical Engineer (design experience from an LV/MV aspect ideally) you will be responsible for a number of Pre-Construction projects across the organisation. You will ensure the highest accuracy and quality standards and that technical and commercial excellence is achieved. You will represent the company in client meetings at the highest level and liaise with the Estimation Manager, Lead bid Co-ordinator, Engineering department and Operations team on any issues which may be present or likely to emerge.
The role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer will work within the Engineering Team where they will be required to provide ongoing support to Pre-Construction dept. as well as develop and manage work scopes. cross-departmentalization within the business and coordination with external stakeholders will form part of your remit in addition to ensuring the development of junior engineers within the Group.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
• Lead projects from concept stage to completion
• Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
• As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
• Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
• Production of detailed Schematics
• Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
• Mentoring of junior engineering staff
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
• Tender report / analysis / recommendations
• Develop project scope with design team / client
• Produce budgets and reports for clients
• Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
• Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
• Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
• Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
• Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
• Prepare project programs using MS project.
• Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
• Carry out lighting design calculations.
• Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
• Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
Necessary Requirement of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
• You will possess LV/MV design experience specific to Data Centre environments ideally
• The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess 8+ years’ experience in the construction industry of which 5+ years will have ideally been spent in a Design role.
• some experience of working on a construction sites will be advantageous however not mandatory
• Experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers
• Experience coordinating/interfacing with other disciplines within the organisation
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
• Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
• Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
• Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
• The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£40000 - £60000
CA$150000 - CA$200000
£70000 - £80000
45000 - 60000
CA$90000 - CA$120000