We currently seek a high calibre Process Engineer to work on a contract basis for the duration of the project. Based in Rotterdam Area, you will be working for a large company in the engineering, procurement & construction in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical sector.
Scope of activities
Process engineers take overall responsibility for the process and process control functionality for projects in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry. The process group is a dynamic team in which technology, process design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on process design and/or process control, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for a successful process engineer.
• During conceptual engineering the process engineers develop the process configuration that best supports the client’s business case.
• During the following design and engineering phases the process design is further developed and the process engineers ensure that the required functionality is maintained throughout the project.
• Engineering activities include basic and detailed engineering services, primarily in support of other disciplines such as piping and instruments. P&ID development, line sizing / hydraulics, line lists, process calculations for equipment and instruments, equipment and instrument data sheets, control and safeguarding narratives, vendor document review.
• Activities also include Basis of Design development in cooperation with the client. Scope definition, PFD/P&ID development, writing BOD documents, safety reviews.
• Towards project completion, the process engineers are involved in testing and start-up of the facility, either in a leading role or supporting the client.
• More senior engineers actively support the business development process by supporting clients with their definition of new projects and by preparing competitive proposals.
• A basic understanding of the activities and deliverables of other disciplines is helpful.
• Advanced: minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
• HBO/TU level in Chemical Engineering
• Excellent English language skills
• Good oral and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills
+31 (0)164 21 21 17
Our latest jobs
£50 per hour
Den Helder, Netherlands
35.000-43.000€gross per year