United States Fountain Valley
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
The position has a flexible 9/80 work schedule with a hybrid work location, supporting the Fountain Valley office.
In this position, you will apply your knowledge of the principles of stress analysis to:
• Perform stress analysis as needed to ensure piping design meets the intent of applicable codes and standards as well as specific manufacturer’s standards.
• Develop standards and guidelines as needed to govern development of stress analysis on a general as well as project-specific basis.
• Coordinate with design staff to guide them in project related stress analysis and pipe support engineering activities.
Your core duties and responsibilities may require you to do the following:
• Perform stress analysis and/or review and update existing analyses of piping systems connected to critical equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, filters, compressors, tanks, turbines and air coolers using CAESAR II software to qualify piping in accordance with ASME and API codes, project standards and project specifications.
• Develop applicable load cases based on design codes and client requirements.
• Evaluate calculated SIFs, stress results, displacements, pipe support loads and pipe guide/anchor loads.
• Determine SIFs on trunnions, dummy legs, and cross tees using hand calculations or FEA.
• Perform tank and vessel allowable stress loads using API or WRC codes and/or NozzlePRO.
• Review and approve project drawings; maintain communication with the project team, the client, and construction personnel.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to pipe stress issues with varying complexity in accordance with project objectives and guidelines.
• Work with other engineers and designers in the resolution of the technical issues.
• Perform dynamic modal analysis for cal
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
South Africa Durban
Netherlands Botlek Rotterdam
United States Lebanon
$ 800 - $ 971
$ 1112 - $ 1500
$ 1412 - $ 1854
$ 1765 - $ 2383
£ 1 Hourly
United Kingdom Woking
€ 50000 - € 61000
€ 75000 - € 80000
22 September 2023