Senior Process Safety Engineer
In this role you provide technical expertise, leadership, guidance for the organization in developing and implementing of the Process Safety Management that require application of engineering principles, technology and best practices by process industry to prevent or mitigate risks / hazards in design, practices and operating philosophies in the plants. Ensure compliance with EHSS and Responsible care Process Safety requirements.
• Ensures compliance to all Process Safety / PSM requirements.
• Conduct / facilitate / participate in Process Safety / EHSS studies for projects at different phases ( i.e. PHA ( HAZOP, What if, FMEA, Fault Tree Analyses,…etc ), LOPA, QRA / Facility Siting and track implementation of recommendations.
• Keep abreast of latest codes, standards, regulations and best practices ( i.e. OSHA, API, CCPS, …etc ) relevant to Process Systems and Process Safety in order to provide assistance to all projects during all phases and as well as during projects implementation.
• Review all process MoCs to ensure that the changes are safe to be implemented and would not introduce hidden risks. Track the recommendations until complete implementation.
• Provides guidance to projects on the application of Inherent Safer
• Involves in developing philosophy of Instrumented Protective Function ( IPF ) classification, Safety Instrumented Functions ( SIF ) and Safety Instrumented Systems ( SIS ), as a member of multidisciplinary team.
• Involves in the selection of Safety Instrumented level ( SIL ) based on the philosophy of IPF classification and Safety Instrumented Systems & Functions.
• Participate in all required activities pertaining to adequacy check, design and / or sizing of the Safety Pressure Relief systems.
• Conduct / participate / review the consequence analysis of all major potential release hazards in the complex using dispersion modeling software.
• Identify hidden threats / hazards, perform risk assessment for the identified hazards and recommends risk mitigation plan to bring them to an acceptable level.
• Lead and / or participate in the risk assessment sessions.
• Manage and update risk registry ( ever green ).
• Effectively articulates judgement and advice, applied using strong influencing and interpersonal skills, combined with a sound understanding of differences in culture and regional aspirations.
• Manage, update and maintain Process Safety Information ( PSI )
• Develop Process Safety performance targets ( leading and lagging KPIs ).
• Effectively & timely conducting the revalidation PHA reviews and tracking of recommendations thru SAFER
• Conducting Process Safety audits & tracking implementation of Process Safety related audits findings. • Plays key role in Risk Based Process Safety implementation, e.g. threat / hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation during EHSS / PHA reviews of projects.
• Diverse national / international codes, standards and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (degree, training, or certification required)
• University degree in Chemical Engineering or engineering discipline.
• Lead process safety activities in mega projects
• Depth knowledge on US EHSS regulations and requirements
• Certified as PHA/HAZOP/Risk assessment leader
• Specific certification pertaining to process safety ( i.e. PHA / HazOp, …etc ).
• 10+ years’ experience in a petrochemical industry as Process Safety Engineer with rich experience in PSM with large multi-national diversified manufacturing operation..
• Familiar with international safety standards, codes and regulations pertaining to Process Safety.
Job Specific Skills (key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
• Extensive, practical experience in PHA / HAZOP, MoC, PSSR and Risk assessment and mangement.
• High level of knowledge and experience in Process Safety requirements for projects at dfferent phases.
• Well-developed knowledge of national / international Process Safety and engineering codes, standards, regulations and best practices.
Our latest jobs
$50-55 per hour
EG, West Africa
120000 - 140000
£60-70k per annum
The Hague, Netherlands