Major solar developer is seeking a Solar Project Engineer for perm role to be based in the Los Angeles, CA area.
• Will provide engineering support to the EPC team and is responsible for assisting in all stages of project design.
• Assist in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as customer requirements, balance of systems, permitting and technical support during construction phase.
• Assist project implementation in collaboration with the Project Manager and Senior Project Engineer during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule.
• Assist in the development and review of energy production models, project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers.
• Coordinate external resources such as structural, civil and electrical engineer consultants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, other specialized professionals as needed and suppliers.
• Create, deliver and maintain drawing packages and project documentation.
• In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and deliver photovoltaic projects.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product development.
• Assist with technical training to other team members and new employees.
• Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results.
• Prepare conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts and single-line diagrams.
• Prepare bid packages for subcontractors including scope of work, schedule, project description and conceptual design.
• Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PV Syst and other tools.
• Assist in preparation of proposals.
• Assist O&M Team with Operational Power plants for technical and performance based tasks.
• Assist in field with testing, commissioning and start-up of constructed power plants.
• A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or another related engineering science.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional engineering experience in the solar industry.
• Relevant work experience in the design and development of power plants.
• Willingness to travel, at least 25% of the time.
• Experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent).
• Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (preferably PVSyst).
• Strong in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Gantt charts (MS Project or equivalent).
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code.
• Previous experience managing projects from initial design to installation and execution preferred.
• Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred.
To apply for this role, please send resume to email@example.com
Our latest jobs
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
MEX$20000 - MEX$25000
Ciudad de Mexico Mexico
₹500000 - ₹700000
20 November 2020