This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job Title: Specialist Technology & Innovation Projects
Location: Northern Cape (Kathu)
Contract/ Perm: Perm
MAIN TASK & RESPONSIBILITY
• Management of several technology and/or innovation projects within the area of control through identification, evaluation, development, prototyping, implementation and wiring/change management to ensure the value/stated objectives are achieved.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Grade 12
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• 3 Years’ Engineering/Continuous Improvement/Implementation/Technology consulting experience in a mining environment
• 1 Year’s Management Experience (Advantageous)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• System skills which include Microsoft Office, CMMS and ERP systems.
• Project Management to deliver all technology and innovation projects within time, cost and quality parameters.
• Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of priority technologies ensuring that technology implementation processes are followed – from identification through to sustainability.
• Technology, Systems and Data integration.
• Technology Innovation functions execution. Coordinate technology activities across the area of responsibility working with the group. Effectively complete core functions of the Technology Innovation Office – including reporting.
• Drive the core processes within the Technology Innovation Office.
• Organisational Business Planning which includes Ensure operational plan is implemented by incorporating the benefits to be realised from technology and innovation initiatives. Provide technology innovation leadership by sustainably implementing Black Rock’s technology roadmap, through the identification, evaluation, development, prototyping and implementation and Wiring in of priority technologies.
• Ensuring that the enablers required to support the technologies are considered, managed and implemented effectively, and integrated across the business.
• Change Projects which includes conducting of continuous analysis to evaluate the organisations strengths and weakness. Assist in implementing various change initiatives throughout BRMO as required.
• Ensure change initiatives are driven and delivered within agreed timelines and required impact that realise the change goals.
• Provide project management support of change initiatives to sponsors as required.
• Provide change management training and coaching to the CI team, in particular, but to larger BRMO identified change agents.
• Ensure all technology and innovation change projects incorporate BRMO’s change management principles and process.
• Identify the requirements for enablers to support technologies.
• Devise Technology Strategy which includes identifying new technology opportunities and advise HOD’s on potential technology opportunities.
• Support the Manager Technology and Innovation in updating the Technology Roadmap on an annual basis by incorporating advances in technology that offer new/varying opportunities.
• Provide guidance into the establishment and delivery of change projects that support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
• Ensure a high return on investment (ROI) in implementation of technology projects.
• Implement an effective benefit tracking system.
• The candidate will be appointed on the condition of being certified medically fit as per Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996. Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups to support the company’s employment equity plan.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package. The successful candidate that conforms to all said requirements and experience will be appointed on this grading. A candidate that does not conform to all set requirements and experience will be considered only if a suitable candidate that does comply cannot be selected and only if the requirements of the position support a developmental appointment according to policy.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
100,000 - 130,000
Khatu, Northern Cape
Kathu, Northern Cape
Kathu, Northern Cape
$110,000/year - 150,000/year
19 February 2020
07 February 2020