The Hague region
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
The company is investing in the production of clean hydrogen fuel for the mobility sector to decarbonize heavy-duty vehicles. They are also the global leader in creating technology solutions for capturing CO₂ from fossil fuel conversion before it reaches the atmosphere. Furthermore, the gases they produce and distribute are helping reduce food waste, are supplied to hospitals and are used in many other markets.
The Mechanical Systems team, which is part of their Global Engineering organization, is looking for a Mechanical / Piping Materials Engineer to lead capital project execution. This will be for owned plants and those that are engineered and constructed for others. The candidate will provide technical expertise and specify piping, manual valves, inline items as well as complete painting and insulation specifications, and pressure test procedures.
- Piping Materials lead for major projects.
- Control of project budgets (manhours and materials), schedule, quality of deliverables and reporting out on project status.
- Proposal and project planning support. Preparing functional execution strategies and manhour estimates aligned to project scope, schedule and overall execution strategy.
- Develop Piping Line Class Specifications when required, to suit specific service and project requirements.
- Perform wall thickness calculations, when required, for pipe, fittings, flanges and other piping items in accordance with the applicable codes & standards.
- Specify appropriate Piping Line Class Specifications on the Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID).
- Check and approve project work.
- Specify and create requisition packages for manual valves, pipe, fittings, flanges, and other piping items such as steam traps, strainers, etc.
- Review vendor offerings for pipe, fittings, flanges, valves and other piping items to determine technical acceptance.
- Develop paint and insulation requirements/specifications for products and projects.
- Review oxygen piping systems and determine material capability.
- Develop pressure test guidelines and procedures for project construction.
- Perform interdisciplinary vendor squad checks for specific piping material aspects, for example inline instrumentation, mechanical equipment.
- Actively collaborate with internal teams and external third parties to meet project commitments, costs, and schedules.
- Create and maintain internal specifications, work instructions and job aids.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent and a Chartered Engineer.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience as in industrial piping materials engineering. Some experience of Pipelines would also be beneficial.
- Proven ability as lead specialist engineer on projects.
- Experience coordinating workload and resources including interfacing with other multi-centre design offices.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 design code and supporting ASME component and ASTM material standards.
- Working Knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive/CE Marking for European projects and related experience in working with Notified Bodies.
- Working Knowledge of EN13480 and other design codes and Country specific requirements is a strong preference (for example ASME B31.1, B31.8, B31.12).
- Working experience with software to perform wall thickness calculations such as Red Bag PCC is a plus
- Knowledge of the Material Management process on projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred - experience of Hexagon SmartPlant tools (P&ID, Materials, Reference Data/3D)
- Relevant design experience of ammonia, CO, CO2, hydrocarbons, hydrogen plant would be an advantage.
- You are currently eligible to live and work in The Netherlands.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023