Los Angeles California
We currently seek a high caliber Traction Power Systems Engineer for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Los Angeles, CA
To be considered candidates must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Job Description: Summary
Seeking a Traction Power Systems Engineer for a mega construction project in Los Angeles. Early work construction began in May 2018, and the system is expected to be open for service in 2023. The construction portion of the contract is valued at over $2 billion.
Serve as a Traction Power Systems Engineer in the conceptual, preliminary and final design for a complex rail transit project.
• Work with a team in coordinating systems engineering design and construction services for rail transit projects involving power distribution, traction power, SCADA, substations, and systems integration testing and startup activities.
• Responsible for assisting in the preparation of design drawings, specifications, and reports.
• Assuring accuracy of the work produced by the design team and contractors, including plans, specifications and test procedures/reports.
• Responsible for interfacing with the other disciplines to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
• Assist with power systems integration design, verification, and validation.
• Assures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
• Interface with the Electrical Installation Subcontract Manager to determine schedules, monitor design progress, oversee field work, and coordinate T&C activities.
• Analyze system failures and suggest appropriate resolutions.
• Determine electrical equipment needs and quantities for development of new power systems.
• Coordinate and manage electrical system suppliers in the development, integration, and testing of power distribution and traction power systems.
• Assist in the creation of engineering development test plans, factory acceptance test plans, and site commissioning tests and reports.
• Conduct critical maintainability and test ability demonstrations to confirm equipment can achieve contractual reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety (RAMS) requirements.
Basic Job Requirements : Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or a related field.
• 12+ years of related work experience is required.
Other Job Requirements
• Knowledge of the principles of power distribution systems and traction power.
• Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations is required.
• Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Willing to relocate to Los Angeles, California, if not local.
Preferred Qualifications : Preferred Requirements
• Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
• Master's Degree or higher in engineering or related field is preferred.
• Experience in design and/or construction management of rail transit systems/facilities such as traction power substations, rail maintenance & storage facilities, PDS, CBTC, SCADA and APM signals/train control, and APM communications is preferred.
• Previous systems engineering and integration experience on large transit projects.
• Knowledge of railroading, signaling, communications, vehicles, and other railroad technology including requirements management software is preferred.
• Understanding of construction means and methods with previous subcontract management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of central control and maintenance & storage facilities is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
• Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software.
Degree Required : Yes
City (or Nearest City) : Los Angeles
State/Province : California
Country : United States
Location Type : Project
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México, mexico
25 February 2021
09 February 2021