United States Hawthorne
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We currently seek a high caliber Business Development Manager – Irrigation Water Market for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. REMOTELY based in the West Coast.
Our client is currently seeking an Irrigation Water Market Manager. This position will oversee the global irrigation water strategy. The Irrigation Water Market Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development.
- Develop new business in both the outdoor and indoor fruit, vegetable and ornamental agriculture and horticulture market via both direct and indirect channels/go to market.
- Find, nurture and develop new distributors and channel partners to facilitate broader reach and touch for our clients products and solutions.
- Develop winning proposals for projects in the sales pipeline and use consultative selling best practices to close deals.
- Work with the Marketing team to leverage existing case studies and publications to develop new applications and customers.
- Build relationships with local representatives of key accounts including greenhouse constructors, irrigation companies (e.g. Netafim, Rivulis, Avid, etc.) and consultants.
- Liaison with regional sales team and IW vertical leader to ensure timely response to leads/inquiries and ensure that we have adequate coverage for all channel partners.
- Ensure that deal pipeline and project status is regularly updated in our clients CRM tool (Hubspot).
- Meet and exceed annual sales and growth targets.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop new case studies by providing them with quantifiable data from successful installations and projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in agriculture / horticulture with at least 5+ years’ experience in selling products and solutions to both indoor and outdoor agriculture and horticulture markets (sales and marketing experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in agronomy/agricultural sciences, biology, plant physiology, chemistry or plant sciences
- Post-graduate sales training would be considered as a plus.
- Strong relationships with growers, irrigation equipment distributors, greenhouse builders/constructors and consultants particularly on the West Coast and more specifically in California.
- Proven experience working with distributors/channel partners to grow market share/penetration of technology-driven products and solutions in the irrigation, indoor agriculture and outdoor agriculture market segments.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Bilingual (can speak, read and write both English and Spanish) preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of agronomy, soil morphology and plant physiology would be a plus.
***Notice to Candidates: Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependent) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship***
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Location of Position: West Coast
Location Type: REMOTE
Pay range: $100K - $120K
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Seamus McDonald; email: email@example.com
“We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.”
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United Arab Emirates Sharjah
United Arab Emirates Sharjah
$ 100000 - $ 180000
United States Carlsbad
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
Netherlands Amsterdam area
Netherlands Regio Den Haag
$ 110000 - $ 135000
United States Denver
United Kingdom Farnborough
United States Pasadena
€ 1 Yearly
22 September 2023